Sunday, September 25

Body: Better sleep, since the dogs were properly exhausted. But still not very good. Woke up with a sore/tight lower back, and weirdly aching front tooth, which went away. Probably dehydrated and over-coffeed from yesterday. The rain was coming down steadily so we packed up & headed west, and found a new state park with trails to hike. Again too short, but it was a compromise with the rest of the family who wanted to be home. At home, knocked out necessary chores and then was lazy. Could've done a workout, but didn't have it in my plans, so I let it go.

Brain: Upset by the rain, but what can you do? Not control the weather, obviously. Happy we found a place to hike after all, and it was lovely. Drive got old, happy to get home to snuggly kittehs. Knocked out chores. Read.

Thought about tomorrow's conversation and how selfish I should be. I want myself to be far more selfish than I normally would ever allow. Perhaps it's time to re-read some of my journaling from last winter...yep, that did it. Specifically, THIS did it. In just 6 weeks I turned into a crying-all-day puddle of depression. And stayed pretty low for most of 4 months. That's 1/3 of my life. That's not okay. I'm just not built for that kind of workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment