Saturday, May 14

Body: Got up feeling good; not great, but no aches or anything. TSC results were satisfactory, but yet of course I'm disappointed. But I mean I REALLY wanted that deadlift PR and instead I only matched my existing (although it was certainly a smoother one than it was last week). I was surprised that my grip gave out on flexed arm hangs, rather than my arms/lats. Frustrating, and while it was a 3-second PR, I REALLY wanted to hit a gorgeous-sounding 90 seconds, damn it! At least I kicked ass in snatches, the one event I didn't have the least bit of anxiety about. A couple months ago, I had done 150 with a couple seconds to spare, having started slowly that day, AND before learning the speed switch, so I had full confidence 155+ was on the docket, 160 within reason. Hitting 162 was amazeballs! Spent the rest of the day eating, napping, and lazing about. Hubs gone to races meant I could enjoy precious silence for recovery.

Brain: Did not enjoy feeling anxious and doubtful all morning, hating the idea of a competition day and wishing I hadn't signed up, but as I dressed to finally head out, the switch flipped and I was excited. And once I was there, it was a total blast, of course. Grateful I had no other plans and could just laze about in peace with my pets and my books. Plus there was much chitchat via text with assorted beloveds, thoroughly lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment