Tuesday, April 26

Body: Clyde woke me up (what felt like) every 15 minutes, starting at 330a. Got up okay but cranky about it. Didn't have high hopes for my session, and we dialed back squats due to my suspicions and also tight left hammie (WTF, you?). Pulls maintained and bench was decent. Checked FAH later on, but elbow still crank. Worked on speed switches instead. Guts were a mess all day, left me feeling kinda rotten. Eve walk was nice, another chilly windy evening, but a fun chatty group made it delightful. Left big toe was sore afterward again. Damn.

Brain: Decent. Solid morning, session better than anticipated, but afternoon was dragging, and extra-wild chitlins DID NOT HELP my brain. Ugh, kids. Then a work bombshell was dropped, one that will affect all of us, but most of all I'm expecting my beloved boss boys to be bombarded. One of my post-bombshell tasks is to keep an eye on the team and manage the fallout; well, the boss boys are part of the team, and their sanity shall be endangered by the fallout. So I did what little I could today, which was to buy & leave them each a treat with a silly note. It's not much given the situation, but if there's anything I have learned in life, it's that the little things usually are the big things. How many times have the right words, delivered with love, helped me through a rough time? All the time; every rough time. Our people are all we have, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment