Friday, April 8

Body: Tired but okay. Got pretty terrible sleep, for whatever reason, but had decent energy throughout the day.

Brain: Solid. Crammed in a bunch of work, then spent much of the afternoon helping with female weigh-ins for the meet. Totally relieved I had followed my own hunch and arranged my work/home to accommodate this time suck, which the meet guru had wrongly promised would be minimal. I suppose it would have muddled along without me (it always has in the past), but why muddle along when you can instead make it a fantastic experience for the lifters? I loved chatting with all the women, most especially with the first-time lifters, remembering my own first-meet anxiety despite the advantage of it being in my own gym with my BB. It was a treasure to spend an afternoon talking with "my people."

No comments:

Post a Comment