Friday, December 11

Nutrition: Today's strategy: if you can't get more sleep, get more calories.
  • 1 Larabar
  • Breakfast at Trav's 
  • GF dinner roll with fake cream cheese
  • SB&J & honey Paleo on the Go pancakes

Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed, 930p-445a, 79% quality. I need to start going to bed by 830p. I. Am. So. Tired. 

Healthy Movement: Body decent but incredibly tired. Should've done the flexed arm hangs that I didn't do yesterday (since I left work early for a vet visit) but the idea sounded way too hard. Low back feeling pretty tight. At about 2p, Paige & I discussed how easy it would be to fall asleep, even with the lights on and music blaring. Just pure exhaustion.

Fun & Play: NSS productivity, book club, Xmas party planning. Reading. Hubs time. Chitchat to plan a running date. FB silliness. Chitchat with CP.

Temperance: A major thing with a friend has been bothering me, and the chitchat with CP helped me realize it's not just me. It doesn't fix it for me, at ALL, but it makes me feel like less of an asshole to be thinking the way I am.

I volunteered to help out the boss boys with party things, and ended up with the VERY long grocery shopping list. I left a bit early to go fetch everything, and I literally just wanted to sit in my car & cry. It sounded impossibly hard to go suffer through WalMart. Yet once I decided to just go to Elden's, it got better. It was still a lot of work that I wished I hadn't volunteered for (huge cartload, many small decisions, find Sabrina-fied options, load it all in my car, unload it all into my house, sort everything out for the three different events, reload into car & fridge, etc).

BUT when I swung back through NSS to scavenge a few small items, and talked to Dustin about some logistics, it became clear how very, very helpful it was for me to take this shopping off their hands. They both do a TON of work for this party, so much behind the scenes and so much at the last-minute, and Dustin with a sick family - so seeing that come through a little more fully in his own exhaustion made me feel better that I was "suffering" for a good reason, that I really was helping them out in a big way.

Honestly...how do they do it, all day every day? A thriving business to work in and work on, staff to manage and mold, fitness goals to chase, hobbies to indulge in, wee children to raise, very busy wives with their own jobs & hobbies, on much less sleep, and with much better attitudes. (Dustin has read like twice as many books as me this year: how?! when?!) I admire them so much, and I wish I were just a little bit like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment