Saturday, September 19

Nutrition: Oh man. Just recording everything to the point through "before supper," I felt anxiety tallying it up to 1475. Like I shouldn't eat much for supper, that's already a lot: a conditioned gut reaction from my time of restriction, which ended something like two years ago, but which, apparently, is still thatclose. UGH, I hate that it goes so deep. To combat that nonsense, I had an entire pizza for supper. (Actually, mostly because I felt terribly depleted.)
  • 5a-eggs, hot dog, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 9-Larabar
  • (run)
  • 11-Renola, cashews
  • 2p-hot dog w/ stir fry veg, SB&J toast
  • (nap)
  • 5-jalapeno meat stick
  • 630p-Daiya pizza, bootch
  • 2700 total: 375 p, 1675 c, 650 f

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 830p-445a, 74% quality. A bit crappy. Napped 3-430p, not all that great as Hank woke me.

Healthy Movement: Body felt good. Stood all morning at Andes, early & chatting, then off to my aid station to stand in the woods for just over an hour. Walked back to the start, maybe a half-mile, still feeling fine. Ran with Heidi to learn IT was great but core was not. I'll take it; I can handle the core pain as long as it doesn't get fierce like three weeks ago, and extend into the following days. Lots more standing around, helping clean up, more standing around, then finally home, where I iced both IT & core as I ate, then napped, badly needed. Remained low-energy after that. Noticed that QLs on both sides feel sore & tight. Really wonder what is causing that; whatever it is, it seems that it's really both sides, just that the right side is fatiguing/failing faster on a run.

Fun & Play: Nature. Besties. Cute kid of bestie. Pets. Silence.

Temperance: Feeling supremely disappointed in a friend. This is incredibly hard for me to handle. It fills me with disappointment in myself for being so foolish as to put so much stock in a person. I'm trying to find the balance between feeling like I'm wasting extensive time & energy on someone who doesn't much value me, and the first of The Paradoxical Commandments, which I believe are a solid life guide:

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.

-Dr. Kent M. Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment