Thursday, May 14

Nutrition: A coworker made smoked almonds for a bake sale. They were BOMB. Must get the papa to try making some, especially if they'll be side by side with some taste-infusing pork!
  • 530a-eggs, chicken sausage, Slawsa, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 845-Larabar, coffee w/ CM
  • 945-smoked almonds, coffee w/ CM
  • 1145-ham & pickle roll-ups
  • (12p-Dustin session)
  • 115-summer sausage w/ rice crackers, apple, smoked almonds
  • 345-LB
  • (515-W2R + to/from)
  • 730-guacamole deviled eggs, raw veg

Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed, 945p-5a, 84% quality. Up late due to company, plus hubs chitchat discussing my schedule. Woke naturally; would have been able to sleep in longer, but once again I had the coffeemaker overflowing. So dumb.

Healthy Movement: Shoulder still pretty crank; all else is feeling really good. I might be doing an ambitious SHT-binge this weekend. Like, Friday night, Saturday night, AND Sunday early morning. Sah-weet!

Had a pretty kickass session. Went into my pulls thinking I should just do ONE MORE beyond my usual stopping point, really risk hitting failure & stuck. And I hit 21, yee haw! Deadlifts were backed down after last week's massive PR and due to the upcoming running binge, which instantly made me annoyed I had told Dustin. I'm incapable of deloading sometimes, that's why I need me a Chief to think for me.

Walk to run outing was fantabulous fun; got in some supah-fast running (7:55 pace!) that actually felt quite good, from NSS to Big Ole & back.

Fun & Play: Slow-moving morning. Chipper coworkers. Tahoe logistics chitchat. 50k chitchat. Session. Afternoon at NSS which included a quick job-details chat with Mike, much laughter with Dustin, and a half hour with CJ talking through the Team Training overview. Oh my god, just like that, I'm going to be one of the two coaches, plus interns roaming around. Holy shit, me?! That certainly makes me care less whether TS decides to keep me on for teaching. But I still don't know how/when to fit my runs in; I have options but I don't really LOVE any of them. But I'll figure it out!

FB fun with my TROUSers. SUPER looking forward to this weekend. Tons more 50k chitchat plus logistics. I didn't pack but I did check out weather forecasts, lay out clothes for each run, gather some food together, make some lists for the morning...it occurred to me that I have more effort into the logistics of my weekend than the racers! I have to fully self-support my runs and my crewing, while they will be fully supported via aid stations. Funny, but I guess they paid a fee for that service! It will be a good dose of training for me, anyway. I'm hoping Friday night with Todd is the longer & tougher run, then Saturday race day delight can fuel an easy outing with recovering-from-injury Amy & friends, and then maybe Sunday will be tough again, but I get a rest day on Monday (appointments + two jobs = no time for running), so I should just have to suck it up, buttercup. And rely on an SHT sunrise to fuel me.

No comments:

Post a Comment