Thursday, April 2

Nutrition: Hangry this afternoon.
  • 6a-eggs, breakfast sausage, Slawsa, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 945-Larabar
  • 1115-LB
  • (12p-Dustin session)
  • 130-turkey & pork & cheese on toast, LB
  • 4-bit of coconut butter
  • 6-raw veg w/ salsa, apple w/ SB
  • 7-mixed nuts

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 915p-545a, 79% quality. Woke at 3a h/s/g, got up for bathroom, water, and - some race chews! Figured I need simple carbs, but not a lot, so a little 100-calorie dose is about perfect. Plus, I have a huge supply of them and no plans to run any distances requiring them any time soon.

Healthy Movement: Body was significantly better in the morning. Still a touch of the tight low back, but not so limiting like yesterday. Went into session thinking nothing would need modifying, gave Dustin a look of pure disgust when he asked if I was okay starting deadlifts at 135; and he kept them light anyway. The back let me do everything, nothing I did seemed to make it crank, but by the end of the hour, it was back to being redonk tight. Come on! Stayed tight all afternoon, and I thought teaching class would be awful, but it actually helped it to loosen up, and by the time I got home it was a lot better. Still there, though.

Fun & Play: Sleeping in. Hubs time in the AM. Deer on the first tree line. Facebook official! Shared the news on FB so NO MORE SECRETS! Session w Timmy & the hilarious Dillon. Many lovely messages. Chitchat with BK, hubs, Britt, BL, yay! Fetch with pooches and snuggles with Clyde.

Stress Management: Feeling relief at telling, and gratitude at all the kind words, but also feeling the fear of change. So, let me dump it out and I can move on:
  • I will make less money.
    • So I'll also spend less. I know that I can cut back in many areas, just takes a little effort. 
    • It'll be a great puzzle, a challenge to make the numbers work!
  • I will have little, maybe even no, vacation time. 
    • I mostly only need a few long weekends, and I can easily rejig my hours at both jobs to make up those hours. 
    • I can ensure my vacation savings also funds a missing half-paycheck. And, since the hubs & I have busy seasons, I can designate the bonus money specifically to cover this.
  • I will stop putting money into retirement, for the first time in my adult working life.
    • It will be temporary, because I will not let this slide longer than it needs to. 
    • If I'm SANE because my job isn't trying to kill me, then I'll be healthier longer and not need as much for retirement. Heh.
  • I will miss the luxuries of TS.
    • I don't need all of the luxuries. And hey, some things may be good for me: no free coffee may benefit my adrenals, yo.
  • I will miss my peeps. 
    • I will be with my other peeps, and I will still have time for my favoritest peeps.
  • I will have to learn new stuff & feel like the dumb new kid for a while, probably like an outsider.
    • I am tired of the stuff I'm doing anyway! 
    • I am an outsider, and it's okay to be. That doesn't mean I'm not loved & welcomed.
  • I will miss my class.
    • I just will. I don't know how to get around this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment