Sunday, March 29

Nutrition:
  • 6a-fried eggs sandwich w/ Slawsa & cheeze, coffee w/ CM
  • 845-apple w/ SB
  • 1-pork, chicken, broccoli & bacon salad, raw veg w/ guac, bootch
  • 3-raw veg w/ guac
  • 6-eggs, breakfast sausage, Slawsa, toast, apple w/ SB

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 915p-545a, 88% quality. Woke briefly around midnight but fell right back. Dogs acting up beginning at 5a, managed to ignore & keep dozing. I got up cranky & impatient, but starting to feel fully rested. I nearly went to bed at 8pm last night, but instead took my book to the couch, and had an hour of reading & kittehs. Today, realizing there will be no nap time, I wish I had gone to bed that early!

Healthy Movement: Body feeling good, though not as great as two rest days should leave it. I went down to the basement with full intentions of doing All The Lifts, but after my first TGU, it began to dawn on me that I didn't actually want to do any of it. I wandered over to my rack and did an unweighted-BB back squat, and it felt okay, but it didn't entice me. I looked at my bench and my internal reaction was MEH. I thought about setting up a deadlift, but that sounded like a lot of effort. What?!

Now, so many people, including old me, need to just get over it and lift anyway, force through the MEH, but I am absolutely not low on motivation. I mean, I fucking LOVE to bench, like any meathead guydudebro. When I don't feel like lifting/running, and do it anyway, it's pretty much always a bad result. I'm better off not doing it when I get this way. So although my logical brain screamed about a third straight rest day, and whined about how I probably won't have time/energy the next two Sundays either, and OMG I'm going to fall farther behind in my pulls, I went back upstairs. I walked away and did my best to let it go.

I'm blaming the nights of crap sleep, even though last night was good, combined with the mental stress of needing to tell TC this week. And then everyone else, and all the sadness and hurt it will cause. This will be very, very difficult for me, and mental stress always has a physical manifestation (rather quickly & severely) for me. That absolutely explains today, so I am accepting it and keeping a big-picture perspective.

Fun & Play: Some FB silliness. Time with my family, including happy dogs getting muddy after their baths. Hubs home! Time to read, with a sweet sleepy Hankyface in my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment