Wednesday, February 18

Nutrition: I was goddamn STARVING today, especially after the run in the c-c-c-cold. Like, noticeably wanting to eat everything in the house type of hunger. So I listened & fulfilled it, hoping that's what it needs for happy deadlifts tomorrow!
  • 5a-eggs, Slawsa, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 745-Larabar, coffee w/ CM
  • 1015-meat sticks, coffee w/ CM
  • 12p-chef salad, fruit
  • 1-LB
  • 4-LB
  • (430-5.4m trails)
  • 530-LB
  • 6-ribs w/ pineapple, raw veg w/ guac, apple w/ SB, tea w/ honey

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed, 9p-445a-, 84% quality. Solid, but when I woke at 430a I was hoping it would only be about 2a. Damn!

Healthy Movement: Stiff & sore in class warm-up. Not bad, but not what I'm used to. Quad soreness from Monday's run is worse, and yet I don't seem to feel anything from squats? Nothing in the usual squat-soreness places. Upper back is slightly tight from bench, but not like I feared it would be when I felt such amazing tension before the 4th rep yesterday. Kept hoping DQ would back out of LCSP-ing because I was fearing the cold, but the cold was no problem at all; however, those sore legs took me DOWN. I had nothing for the hills even though that's where the posterior chain should be kicking in. Possibly all that high-stepping in the snow that shifted the work to the quads. Anyway, it sucked, and DQ let me go short. He was on a rest day anyway - runners are terrible at resting!

Fun & Play: Tough class but tougher participants. Put my head down and got shit DONE this morning. Out to lunch with some coworkers & my lead.* Trails with DQ (though he's no HH). BK chitchat. Hubs chitchat. FB silliness. Loving pets.

Stress Management: *That lunch outing was pleasant enough but felt like a giant waste of time on a day with another 1:45 meeting, BAH. And at that afternoon meeting, it really sank in how little faith I have in our future. That's turning out to be a painful impact for someone who used to adore her work and her company.

No comments:

Post a Comment