Tuesday, January 27

Nutrition: Cripes, I need to lay off the Larabars. Or start making my own.
  • 6-eggs, pork roast, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 830-coffee w/ CM
  • 1030-Larabar
  • 1130-half LB
  • (12p-Dustin session)
  • 130-chicken, toast, half LB
  • 330-LB
  • 615-fish, summer sausage w/ rice crackers, apple w/ SB, bootch

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 930p-545a, 92% quality. How did I get to bed so late, WTF was I doing? Good question. No answer. Slept soundly, woke naturally.

Healthy Movement: Achey deep-left glute again, but improved throughout the day and fine in session. Session felt pretty good; nothing impressive in the numbers, but form was beautiful.

Fun & Play: Super productive work day, lotta progress made. Timmy in my session. Good talk with Dustin. Awesome class, a newbie and much chitchat afterward with BL and AS. Possible BL is joining HH and I tomorrow night at LCSP! (And yes, maybe now I'm just being stoopid with the abbreviating.)

Stress Management: NSS posted the 2015 T&S dates. I'm actually unsure whether I want to do it. It's fun & it's beautiful, yes. But it's not much of a challenge anymore, which is acceptable as not everything needs to be hard, but it's rather a lot of money for what amount to frustratingly short, slow runs that aren't even on the best sections of the SHT. And bringing so much my own damn food for most of it, yet still paying the same amount, is seriously fucking annoying. And while the group has always been fairly fun, I'd truly rather spend more time with my already-beloveds. New people are good, but spending a weekend only surface-connecting, when I could instead strengthen the already-deep bonds I've got with my precious peeps...I guess I'd just rather go (farther) up north with my running besties.

Experiencing the Superior 100 with BK & crew, man, it was just SO MUCH MORE than the T&S. The very first year, the T&S created similarly deep connections, but not since then. I think it's because we were all friends already going in, and we just became BETTER friends. I didn't really have a desire to connect with everyone last year. I just kept thinking how much better it would be with my ROUS family.

So, I went ahead and set up a poll to figure out a ROUS weekend to go on up there. We simply must make it happen. Yet...how do I NOT do the T&S again, I'm the only every-single-year veteran!

Hm, maybe I can do both, it doesn't have to be either/or, I guess...yet how much can I afford, both financially & maritally? I've already got the Spring Superior 50k, Tahoe, Superior 100, then possibly a ROUS weekend and the T&S? This is a span of 6 months; will the hubs be okay with me being gone a full weekend every month without him? What if he comprehends just how insanely fulfilling that would be for me? Could ANYONE possibly comprehend that, besides another social-butterfly of a trail runner?

No comments:

Post a Comment