Tuesday, November 4

Gratitude: I am immensely grateful for Lake Carlos State Park. Without it, I might not have fallen into this deep love affair with trails. I might still be running roads. Or I might have given up on running because I was constantly injured from those roads. I might not have fallen in love with ultras, and volunteering at them, and made all these awesome new friends. Sure I would trade LCSP for the SHT's technical difficulty in half a heartbeat, but living up there would take me away from all my peeps, and that is not an option. Having LCSP nearby is more than enough to keep me content and running happy. And running happy = happy Sabrina. Obviously.

Nutrition: Angry guts all morning and most of the afternoon. I'm honestly suspecting it's the nuts: what sadness!
  • 5a-eggs, chicken sausage, toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 6-Larabar
  • 930-apple, pumpkin seeds
  • 1115-mixed nuts
  • (12p-session)
  • 2-tuna w mustard, rice crackers, Larabar
  • (545-7m run)
  • 730-chicken w BBQ sauce, SB&J toast 
  • calories 2075: p 675, c 750, f 650

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 845p-445a, 92% quality. Wouldn't call it that good, lotta tossing & turning after midnight, but always fell back solidly. Hanky woke me.

Healthy Movement: Stiff lower legs getting out of bed. Session went really well, though squats sucked a bit; I think my stance was just a little off in set 3, but Dustin held me there for set 4, no reason to push since I'm still enjoying running season. Trail run with Brian felt a little bit tough thanks to those squats, but I just reminded myself there weren't many such runs left and made it happen. I even chose the longer route when Brian asked at the 5.5 vs 7 split. Left core tightened up over the day, even creeping down into the hip like it was doing in August. Rest tomorrow, I guess.

Fun & Play: Plotting a night run greatly improved my day. Timmy back on our team. Ran into my BeloveBuddy for a nice little chat. Aaron came to my afternoon class! The lovely run with Brian, ending with a little dose of star-gazing on a clear night. (Made me wish I knew more than three simple constellations.) Voting like a good citizen, and for my pal Monica besides!

Stress Management: Work bomb dropped, no hope for avoidance: Kristen is out. So the work pile has landed on my desk, with pathetic notes, as Christopher doesn't have time to show me anything. He feels badly about the way it's happening, and of course I can't/won't be mad at him (he shares my pain), and at least I have him to ask for help when I get stuck. Which I am sure I constantly will. Ugh. I slowly worked my way through the pile, and while the morning was awful (literally felt like asking someone, anyone, for a hug), the news of a running date + a fabulous session with Dustin turned me around to make the afternoon more than tolerable. 

I am already mourning the end of Fall. It's dark when I leave work, my trails are in blackness, hard to find peeps to run with me, work is overwhelming, tax season is bearing down, starting to feel lonely & depressed already, blah blah blah. And I am missing my people. Abundant trail time with friends is disappearing, and it's already killing me. My non-running friends are very busy peeps. The hubs is still in nonstop-work mode. But I need to regularly connect with my beloveds, it is what truly keeps me going, along with hefty doses of nature. So, Winter...how to survive it?

I'm constantly stopping & reminding myself to live in the now, this, hereRANOW, but...it's a struggle to do so. Like on my drive to NSS, I was feeling the weight of my work pile, but the smart voice in my head (who sounds very much like Joy) reminded me that I was going to one of my favorite places, with some of my favorite people, so why the fuck should I be moping about what I just left behind? I need to enjoy the shit out of that hour while I'm there. And so I did.

And it is not yet Winter, nor is it tax season, and my job is just a job, and there is no life or death involved in it. It will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment