Tuesday, October 14

Nutrition:
  • 5a-2 eggs, 3 chicken sausage, 2 toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 830-Larabar
  • 10-beef hot dog
  • (1130-Dustin session)
  • 1245-2 hot dogs, Kind Strong bar
  • 4-bag pork jerky, Larabar
  • (5-8m run)
  • 730-summer sausage, rice crackers, kombucha
  • calories 2400: p 1100, c 950, f 350


Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed, 930p-445a, 66% quality. In late just due to pokiness; woke often 2a onward. Sometimes coughing, feeling like the beginnings of a sore throat. OH NO YOU DON'T. Was closer to zonked than awake when Hanky decided he needed outside. Gah.

Healthy Movement: Lower legs very tight. Didn't stretch them after last night's run, like a dumbass. Did remember PT last night, core feels good today. Easy peasy session, followed by 3 hours of sitting in meetings. Blech! Escaped a rough afternoon for 8 miles with some of my trail besties. Again I went too fast, but it was fun to push and let everyone else do the chitchatting. Felt a bit of the left core and even a bit of left low-back ache. Did an extra-long PT stretch before bed.

Fun & Play: Taking another weekend adventure: volunteering down at Surf the Murph next Saturday the 25th. Will spend the morning working an aid station that's hit twice (super busy AND two CP views per lap as he aims at yet another epic goal) then the afternoon as a bonus person over at the really fun aid station. And my favorite cousin lives 20 minutes away, so I can crash at her place the night before and catch up with the fam. Win-win!

Also, had a sweet moment in my session, telling Dustin I was going to another 50k but not running it, and he immediately asked "Why not?" The answer is that it's closed, and also MEH to racing when I want to keep tabs on CP, but Dustin believing it would be totally reasonable for me to do that was amazing. We got into a fabulous convo about doing whatever feels good (as long as it truly & honestly feels good, not kidding yourself and ignoring the fact that you can't tie your shoes, or whatever) as opposed to being so continually conservative & safe with my attempts. I feel like it's the first time in our five years he hasn't cautioned me that my brain's more ambitious than my body is capable of! Anyway, I'm going to do our fat-ass 50k at LCSP next month, so that is more than good enough for me to see what I can do. Home-turf fun should prevent it from getting too deeply into race mode pushing, hopefully I can keep it pressure-free. Especially if I stop to add pull-ups at horse camp!

Had a good work morning, but it turned into a super stressful last couple of hours, with a stressed-out TM needing a meeting, and a lead moving up a deadline on me by two hours. And I was determined to leave early at 430p, to join CP on trails - and I did it! Scrambled like mad & made it happen, and thus the trails were that much more wondertastic. Nature is just the bestest, my friends. Plus, CP finally bought me Caribou afterward, as promised for ages. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment