Monday, October 20

Nutrition: Back to normal. Kinda. Felt hungry much of the day, so I boosted intake a little.
  • 445a-3 tiny eggs, 3 chicken sausage, 3 toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 545-Larabar
  • 9-Larabar
  • 12-Subway salad with NO AVOCADO HMPH, apple
  • 215-bag apple chips
  • 4-Simple Squares bar
  • (530-7m run)
  • 645-bit of chicken, bit of yam, bit of summer sausage, some chia bootch, pint AZ w SB
  • calories 2500: p 825, c 975, f 700

Sleep: 7 hours in bed, 915p-415a, 68% quality. Hank was being an asshole again.

Healthy Movement: Body feels great. Wearing calf sleeves. In class warm-up, the only thing that felt off was lunges, slightly stiff knees - yet squats felt great. After standing at my desk for a couple hours, knees were REALLY stiff. More movement is the solution! Started to lose all energy around 330p, and felt stiff as hell, but I knew it was also partly from spinning-in-a-meeting frustration - but I nearly canceled on Brian. Dustin's "Do it if it feels good, but be honest with yourself about how it feels" was echoing in my ears. Except, Winter looms, and I need every single second of trail love I can get, until I can't get no mo'.

The run felt tough, but it was fun anyway; just let Brian babble on about all his crazy race thoughts, and focused on keeping up. Maybe that's why I love running with him; his ideas of normal & possible have inspired the shit out of me, gotten me to do so much more running than I ever have before, and it's been wonderful. Plus all of his races sound like SO MUCH FUN to crew: beautiful nature, mountains, isolation...yes, please! I just wish I could feel capable of pacing as well. The controlled burn on the north end of the park flooded us with smoke at our finish, making it end on a shitty, cough-filled note. Blech.

Fun & Play: Productive morning. Buddy chat time. An errand knocked out for the hubs, finally. Nature & fun chitchat with my running fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment