Tuesday, September 9

Nutrition: Doubling down on coconut to make up for lost nut calories. A rather delicious idea! Not going to be enough, though, as I need like 400 calories replaced, and I'm not going to down a can of coconut milk a day. And spoonsful of coconut butter, while fucking delicious, lead to overeating VERY easily. It's goddamn amazing, you know.

Would be cheaper than a bag of pork jerky, though. Protein shakes are a decent idea, not that expensive, but I don't want to overdo the whey, nor peas (legumes), certainly want zero soy, and egg white protein is usually just fucking gross. Maybe I should do a greens shake with liquid egg whites. But I can't run a blender in the morning; the hubs is still sleeping when I leave, much less when I'm breakfasting. This is one reason I've always avoided shakes: no good time to have them. But mostly because it starts to lead me back to disordered eating and calorie cutting and starvation; eating real food is just a better smarter safer option for my health & sanity. Or at least, has been in the past. Maybe I'm smarter now. (Wishful thinking!)

Gawd, I lead SUCH a difficult life. Poor little me and my tiny challenges. This is why no one should read this claptrap nonsense. I should add a caution in the header: reading my brain vomit is likely to make you puke as well!

  • 545a-2 eggs, bacon, 2 toast, apple w/ SB, coffee w/ CM
  • 815-coffee w/ CM
  • 9-moar coffee (oops)
  • 1115-half Kind bar
  • (12p-Dustin session)
  • 130-half Daiya pizza, half Kind bar, Dr Pepper-flavored bootch, holy shit!
  • 4-coconut butter
  • 630-salad w half avocado, 2 toast
  • calories 2175: p 175, c 1150, f 875


Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 930p-530a, 82% quality. Up too late because I am still trying to catch up on everyone else's lives on FB. Happily, I also got smart enough to start culling off people who never post anything worthwhile. Erase some clutter. Anyway, woke naturally, but could have snuggled back down in, if not for Hank. Had a long, slow breakfast to make up for it.

Healthy Movement: Body feels pretty good. Session went well, deload & thus easy peasy boring nonsense; pull-ups are not coming back as quickly as I'd like, but a decent showing, anyway. 

Fun & Play: Plotting out some details around my own upcoming ultra. Feels like I should actually call it an "ultra" after seeing so many badasses doing 3x my distance...plus! Anyway, Amy can't come. (Boo, hiss!) May have to depend on drop bags unless Monica's hubs is going to traipse around crewing, but I'm not even sure he's going. Chatted with Monica about weekend run plans.

I got this from Mike today. Made my day! Damn, I love when people GET me. And I can't wait to pass it along to someone else.


A compliment PLUS a double-swear? Yes, please!!



Stress Management: Heard from Mary: she got a job! Para at the school. Low pay and no benefits, but the benefits of getting to spend more time with her kiddos, and have their schedule: nearly priceless. So very, very happy for her. I hope this layoff really does turn out to be the best thing that could've happened to her, to all of us, really & truly. I want roses to bloom from this bullshit, desperately so. All of this pain for everyone has GOT to have a payoff, right? All three of my direct reports are now re-employed. Relief.

Temperance: Today a coworker complimented me rather profusely on my hair. It is pretty awesome, I know this. And I can say that easily because, in my weird brain, my hair isn't ME. It's inherited from my papa, it's nothing to do with something I did: I didn't earn it. So why, I pondered afterward, do I identify 100% with my skin? Why do I hate my face so fiercely when it's full of breakouts? If my hair isn't me, then is my skin me? Must learn from this random thought. It seems wise. Don't let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment