Monday, September 29

Nutrition: This weekend's total lack of food prep is hitting me today: where my veggies at?
  • 5a-2 eggs, 3 chicken sausage, 3 toast, coffee w/ CM
  • 730-Larabar
  • 930-half bag of beef jerky
  • 1145-banana squeeze pack (gut test: passed!)
  • (12p-2.5m run)
  • 1-2 chicken sausage, green apple
  • 330-rest of beef jerky
  • 515-packet coconut butter  (gut test: passed!)
  • (545-5.25m run)
  • 730-3 ribs, apple w SB
  • calories 2475: p 1225, c 400, f 850


Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 845p-445a, 80% quality. Took ages to fall asleep, mostly awake from 1-2a, again at 3a, ugh ugh ugh. Still got up feeling fairly rested, somehow.

Healthy Movement: Left outer shin is now a little sore. Hams are sore as shit. Funny that trekking out 20 miles on Saturday left me feeling super great yesterday, but that fucking class yesterday is now beating the CRAP outta me. On the bright side, a few good days of eve PT prevented any core tightness today, woo hoo! Kept me on track: did it after lunch run, and just before bed. Also wore compression socks to bed.

My lunch run was rotten, just felt super terribly disjointed, and rough on the tight hammies, but I'd decided to just suck it up, buttercup, get in my 5, then rest tonight. Walked the baby hills to make it tolerable, decided to break out the music halfway through - and saw a Monica text that she can join me tonight at LCSP. Woo hoo! So, mid-run change of plans: immediately decided I'd shut down after one loop and go LCSP-ing tonight with a buddy. I don't care if it's 5 more brutal miles, it'll be easier to do with MK, and it will help her besides. Win-win. I always cave to a running buddy!

But when I got to LCSP, I truly didn't want to be there: tired, hungry, aching. I almost texted Brian to beg for a pep talk, it was that bad. But I didn't pester him (because, seriously), and instead asked myself how he felt when I got him at mile 78? About twenty times worse or so, right? And didn't he still haul his tired ass another 25 miles? Why yes, yes he did, fiercely so, and so I could surely haul out 5 on easy peasy trails. And I did! It didn't feel great, but it didn't feel awful, and it sure did feel great to have done it!

Fun & Play: Forgot the iPod (thus, podcasts) at home, so I was blasting some Poison (greatest hits) on the drive in - now THAT is a good way to start the day! Class was fun; incorporated one new KB move already. Coworkers/team in a great mood. Super productive day. Trail time with Monica. More Poison; made it through the entire CD! More ribs. 

Nature: Every time I went outside today, I took great big happy gulps of the cool air, maxing out my lung capacity. I fucking LOVE this weather. I just need to figure out how to enjoy winter, when nature is such a brutal wasteland. A private jet + a private island in the Caribbean, that would surely do the trick. 

Tonight's trails turned around my brain as surely as the time with a buddy. Fun to see the color progression in the past week, spot deer and squirrels, hop over a freshly-downed tree, take a new trail. Happy girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment