Thursday, August 28

Nutrition: I took two cod liver oils this morning. Maybe when I'm feeling this low-grade MEH-ness, that's something to add in.
  • 6a-2 eggs, bacon, 3 toast, coffee w CM
  • 1015-carrot cake super cookies
  • (12-Dustin session)
  • 130-hot dog, sugar snap peas, brownie
  • 5-coconut butter
  • (545-4.5m run)
  • 730-2 toast, egg, bacon, mustard, apple, strawberries
  • calories 2650: p 675, c 825, f 1150

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 930p-545a, 88% quality. Up and h/s/g at 230a. Bathroom & water, but stupid racing monkey mind. Got back up to eat some walnuts, and then was able to fall back. I'm pinpointing the brownies I overate at supper; too many sugary calories too close to bed. I think. (My defense: trying to get some damn carbs in.)

Healthy Movement: Felt hungover when I got up: tired, dehydrated, headachey. Frustrating. Got better after breakfast of course, but what gives? Hip felt so good this morning that I almost forgot about PT. (Did it at work after fetching coffee. And just before jumping in the shower. Haven't missed a session yet!) Bonus: realized today that I felt no squat soreness after Tuesday - must be hitting the perfect rep-range on 3 week.

Session went okay; slightly backward everywhere. I wonder if the face full of acne indicates some all-over inflammation, and that's why all of me feels just a little bit effed up lately. And if so, what do I do about it?

Also, allergies. I don't really want to take Benadryl when it's so mild, but I also don't want to be taken by complete surprise at the Superior 100 next weekend and WISH I had some in my system, suffering through sneezes or watery eyes as I run in the dark!

After work, joined the Thursday-night ROUS outing to LCSP. Five of us! Ran 4.5 miles with Monica, and the first 2 miles sucked wind, then it felt good. Light rain, nice & cool, goddamn I love fall running! Left hip never bothered me, right-hip pinch from yoga club did surface, but I think that will disappear quickly, no concerns.

Fun & Play: Session. Productive day. Fabulous time at LCSP.

Temperance: Something I should really celebrate: I have leftover brownies from Saturday. And yesterday (their 5th day in my house) was the first day I actually ate some, and only because I needed carbs & to avoid tossing them, and NOT because I really wanted them, or had been avoiding them, or anything. All week I've been totally uninterested in them, pure apathy.

This goes for most food; I don't usually crave bacon or pork rinds or bread or ice cream or any of it. Even my precious pizza: it's rare that I'm craving it, but 99% that I need some fucking carbs in my system and whole food is falling short. And when I do buckle down and inhale some carbs, it still doesn't turn into a MOAR CARBZ binge like it would've once upon a time. (Often upon many times, in truth.) Thank you, Whole9 life!

No comments:

Post a Comment