Monday, June 9

Nutrition: Easy peasy. Except for zero weekend food prep; that is causing me some problems

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 845p-445a, 82% quality. Pretty solid, other than dreaming about circling the FANS track...and I only did three laps! Wonder what the dreams were like of those who ran all 24 hours. Sheesh.

Healthy Movement: Body feels great, just a little Achilles tightness first thing in the morning. Didn't do class. Did do lunch walk-to-run, and loved it. Got to tell Tasha all about the badassery I witnessed this weekend. Evening outing was beyond fun: bunch of ROUSers including Ironman Andy; TWENTY minutes for my runners, and I got to all-out HAUL ASS for a few minutes, to track down a pack that turned early. Haven't done that in a long time, felt beautiful.


Fun & Play: Class. Lunch run. Great progress on some projects at work. Evening run. Fetch with the pooches.

Stress Management: My talk with my team member was way overblown by my anxiety last week. It was fine, I had blown things out of proportion. As usual.


Temperance: Last week I almost signed for Neghar's superhero gig. I mean, she based the damn plans on Wonder Woman, yo. But here's why I'm so glad I came to my senses: I realized that I don't need that shit. I don't need someone else to tell me what to do anymore.

I filled out the application because I wanted details and I was in a weak spot of "nede halp." And it really does sound like a great program. For those who need to establish healthier habits & routines, this is a fantastic template.

But I already have such a template: I run when it's fun, I lift like a beast, and I eat Paleo. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

I don't really need to set any specific goals in terms of exercise. If I keep big events on my schedule like T&S, or the 50k, and tally up the things I care about, like pull-ups, then the rest will take care of itself. I don't think I even need a bench press goal, really...I'm going to bench press twice a week no matter what, because I fucking LOVE IT. If I hit a bodyweight bench, then fuck yeah! But if I don't, am I weak? Fuck you!

I don't need someone else to tell me how to work out, because I'm not interested in changing a damn thing. I'm not going to run less or lift less or run more or lift more than what I (okay, & Dustin) have deemed necessary based on my own history and enjoyment. As brilliant as Neghar & John may be, their template is not customized to my life. Why would I go backward to a general outline?

And, dear baby hey Zeus, we all know that I need to pay LESS attention to my nutrition. Waste less time & energy thinking about it. My acne forces a Paleo template that means I'm getting superb nutrition; so my only real concern here is to avoid over-indulging on the things that I can "get away with." I already know about the big rocks like protein & veggies at every meal, so again, a great but general template is not where I need to go. I'm pretty far past that.

I guess what I'm saying here is I'm the best expert on me. And that's pretty fucking cool to realize. However, I am not saying I'm perfect; I'm not saying I don't need advice, let me make that clear: I still need plenty of help! But I need very specific bits of advice and help (& therapy) - not some general programming that won't tell me anything new. My Dustin and my Joy and my Holea and my ROUSers are full of fantabulous advice in relation to the lifts and the runs and the foods. Not interweb gurus (even if they are legit gurus, which these two seem to be) who have never met me. I've already got a team of superheroes on my side. They're the goddamn Justice League, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment