Friday, March 14

Nutrition: Moderate calories today after being a little high yesterday. That may have screwed with my sleep, and I need great sleep before tomorrow's long run.

Sleep: 9 hours in bed, 930p-630a, 93% quality. Finally a longer night, but that quality is again too high. I was wide awake & up for bathroom/water/macaroons at 245a, and dozed in/out there onward. Again got up headachey & dehydrated. Legitimately felt as though I had been drinking last night. Extra funny as we are coming up on a full year since I've had a single drop of alcohol.

Healthy Movement: Body feeling pretty damned good. All day sitting, working from home in AM then at NSS, then vegging in front of TV. Enjoyably lazy rest day, though I did remember to practice some muscle-up drills in the morning. 

Fun & Play: Working from home, supervised by Clyde, and getting to pet a sweet, sleepy Hanky any time I got up. NSS. Watched a documentary about olympic weightlifting.

Stress Management: Finished my reviews, and submitted them to my lead for a once-over. Gulp. These were exponentially harder than I expected them to be, mainly because I want everyone to love me.

Today's #LoveYourBodyChallenge Mantra: "My body is worthy and beautiful, and it deserves love." Today's write-up by Molly is incredibly powerful:
Can you imagine looking into the eyes of a precious little girl and telling her that she’s not good enough? Or that she’s not pretty enough?  Or that she’s fat?
I would hope not.
So at what point does it become OK to say these things to ourselves? At what age do we stop telling girls that they are wonderful and pretty and perfect and smart and that they can do anything they set their minds to?
http://mollygalbraith.com/2014/03/love-your-body-challenge-day-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment