Saturday, January 25

Nutrition: I ate two breakfasts today. Life is good!

And so is this...too good. Below the label in first sitting!

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed, 930p-515a, 80% quality. Wide awake, up for bathroom, water, & carbs, at 1a. Took a while to fall back. Woke just before 5a and tried my damnedest, but couldn't fall back. Got up glad I wasn't running first thing.

Healthy Movement: Left neck/shoulder tight and upset. Trying to reason out if it's linked to ring pull-ups, that it's so frequent lately. Sat all day at meet, logged a quick OH press session when I got home, but cut it short due to the left shoulder tightness, almost a little pinchy, not worth pushing it.

Fun & Play: Breakfast with the running group (everyone else actually DID run, just me slackin'!) at my favorite Northwoods. The powerlifting meet simply could not have been a better time, unless my Joy had been there. I am so effing proud of Mary, I can't stand it. (Also, damn jealous of her strength!) Seeing people struggle with their weight and then complete the lift is SUCH a dose of endorphins, a total high. Even if I have never met the person - I want them to succeed!

I was dying to be spectating once again, and there's no way I'm NOT doing it next year, singlets be damned. Or...it would also actually be really fun to work and help out. I'm never going to be the best at something like this, not when there's true naturals out there, so maybe just doing a chicky mini-meet of 1RM testing a couple times a year would be enough for me. (Side note to Joy: Steve's wife Amanda may be interested in joining us too, if we figure out when we'll do it. Said it would be a reason for her to get consistent again...I'll tell Steve to work on her!)

Socialization: Is there anything better than a room full of people cheering for your favorite hobby? There is not. I also loved the bonus time with Mary, being able to keep her buoyed and confident, help her daughter comprehend how awesome she is, etc. And bonus time with Holea? Yes, please, every damn day!

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try this coconut butter but the shipping to Canada is way too much to make it happen. :(

    ReplyDelete