Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 915p-515a, 68% quality. Felt much better than that; woke when Hop came home, but otherwise it was nice & solid.
Healthy Movement: Class warm-up & a half-dozen scap pull-ups again. Sat most of today, meetings again. Session was awesome. Post-doctor, I had time to kill before sprints w/ Holea, and beautiful weather, so I did a run/walk. Then we did our sprints, which felt good.
Fun & Play: Great class, seeing Travis nail the 5-rep bench that's been dogging him. Long but very productive morning meeting. Session. Sprints w/ Holea.
Stress Management: I did not enjoy the doctor's visit today. Here's the highlights:
- High cholesterol: no surprise. Prescribed a protein powder has additives specifically meant to target this. Drink it twice per day.
- Hypoglycemic: eat every 2-3 hours. I used to do this, then got sick of all the effing food prep and planning. I've sort of drifted back to it anyway, lately. (I think it amounts to pure carbs only = a blood sugar crash. So I could either eat more often...or I could avoid eating simple carbs only...but I'm not the doctor.)
- Low white blood cell count: odd. She is frankly not sure why that would be, could be a variety of things. Something to watch. It's not a sign I'm fighting a sickness, because then it would be the opposite.
- Low vitamin D: supplement added. Big boost now, cut to half in a month, half after another month, maintain there until spring & the return of sunshine.
- HIGH: clam, flax seed, common ragweed (environmental stuff was tested also - I could've promised her this one!)
- MODERATE: none
- LOW: cottage cheese, lactalbumin (a dairy protein), string bean, crab, pinto bean, navy bean, cinnamon, mustard, nutmeg
- VERY LOW: casein, cheddar, cow's milk, yogurt, egg yolk, almond, kidney bean, oat, sesame, yeast, cantaloupe, parmesan cheese, allspice, basil, black pepper, cayenne, cumin, curry, dill, fennel, ginger, horseradish, oregano, paprika, parsley, peppermint, sage, thyme
- NONE: goat's milk, most fruit, most vegetables, most meat, buckwheat, corn, gluten, lentil, lima bean, peanut, pecan, rice, rye, soy, sunflower seed, walnut, wheat, cane sugar, chocolate, coffee, cashew, coconut, pistachio, bay leaf, cloves, marjoram, rosemary, vanilla
- Nothing that would be a severe reaction (like anaphylactic shock). I underlined the surprises. What's up with all those spices?
But I'm doing what I'm told. I will log it all. I will cut out everything with even a very low reaction (only real impacts: egg yolk, almond, yeast, mustard [but those are fucking sad, I LOVE my basted eggs every day!]) and see what happens before adding anything that appears to be acceptable. But I am already adding the soy protein powder: had it after supper, and it left me terrified. If my face goes to shit, it will be the day before my birthday, and I'm going to be so. fucking. depressed. Cross your fingers.
Grateful: For the end of pumping season. FINALLY.