Thursday, November 14

Nutrition: Solid, other than three cookies this afternoon. Oops.

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 9p-515a, 83% quality. Took a while to fall asleep, but was very solid once I did. Hank (& thus Lexi) got up at 515a, probably disturbed by the sound of hunters, so that was that. And I had morning meetings, so the idea getting a jump on the day kept me from falling back, otherwise I think I might have made it another hour.

Healthy Movement: Body feels awesome; I wish it wasn't deload week. (On the other hand, dumb ass, it's probably the exact reason you feel awesome!) Session with CJ was great fun, enjoyed deloading today. Also got to chat with Ms Holea. Wish I had been out running today, weather was amazing. But fresher legs on Saturday, right?

Fun & Play: Great convo with my lead. Made my team treats to celebrate their close this month. Session. Dentist appointment in Sauk got me an extra little dose of sunshine. Got to see my papa. Well-behaved pets.

Stress Management: My lead = awesome. I am reaching total impatience with a couple people, but she is making me feel better about a crapsticks situation. Still, I am super exasperated and unfortunately was a little bit rude at a team meeting. Not smart; I need to sit with them individually to discuss their attitudes. Such an encounter sounds awful, but it's better than perpetuating the negativity, dragging heels, & bringing everyone else down.

I don't understand why people are so resistant to a challenge. Isn't that the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate and show your value as an employee? I've gone through periods where challenges beat me down, sure, but it's not a lifetime viewpoint. For some people, it completely is; the world is against them in everything they do. Poor little victims incapable of seeing the positive side of anything at all.

Grateful: For my dad's break-in skills. Locked my keys in my car for the Nth time, was in Sauk, and he showed up in like 10 minutes and got me opened up in about 35 seconds. Sah-weet! And I was able to repay him with oatmeal raisin cookies (his fave) from today's fundraiser at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment