Monday, November 11

Nutrition: Quite good. See? There's always a silver lining to Mondays!

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, 9p-430a, 67% quality. Woke when Hop came home at 1a-ish, and woke constantly 3a onward until I gave up at 430a. Got up feeling good & energized, though.

Healthy Movement: Body feels good, though shins are a little bit sore. Brisk morning train around the building at work, 13 minutes to cover everyone! 3.51m lunch run went very well; shins a teensy bit achey, but given how thoroughly I was dreading the cold, I'll take it!

Fun & Play: A second straight successful night indoors for Mr Hanky! Class was really fun, cranked the AC/DC and had to get creative with some injury issues. Spreadsheet/formula fixing fun with Mary. Successful run. Productive afternoon.

Temperance: Today I had a sort of review/check-in as a new lead. I clearly have a team member who has a problem with me, one with a bit of a half-problem, and two that are good. Based on the comments I can identify exactly who they are, and why they feel that way. I had to remind myself that almost anyone acting as their lead would receive the very same comments. It's got almost nothing to do with me, and everything to do with them. Logically I know this. Emotionally, I want to cry. (Why doesn't everyone love me?) I reminded myself all day that not everyone loves chocolate, and not everyone will love me. But it's tough on me.

Guerilla warfare on the scale at work.


Grateful: For the mentoring program at work. Forces me to reflect, and get positive in that reflection, and I need that. And it's awesome to listen to him and realize how much of what he's telling me, I've already heard from Chief...such a wise young owl.

No comments:

Post a Comment