Thursday, October 3

Nutrition: I need to get more fats in my day. I'm overdepending on cookies. If I'm going to live off carbs, I should at least be consuming more yams, squash, etc. Tis the season, anyway, what's my excuse?? Oh, yeah: laziness.

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 9p-515a, 91% quality. Ages to fall asleep, woke naturally just before 5a. Why must the alarm wake me that early on Mon/Wed, but on a day I could get away with sleeping until 7a...I can't.

Doesn't the one on the left look better than the one on the right? Look at those drastic % differences!
No comprendo.
Healthy Movement: Feeling VERY stiff & sore in lower body. Jump squats are teh devill. Session felt great, although my performance was sub-par. Still, brain in a very good place, nowhere near the "I suck" line of thought I typically sink into.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention the ball of my left foot has been a bit achey. Off & on since the Norseman. Seems to be worse when I wear pointy shoes. Yes, I know the solution: more boring flats.

Fun & Play: Bought team drinks this morning for Thirsty Thursday; alas, no booze. Happy session, including chatting with Holea and laughing (with her) at her novacained face. A husband at home - silver lining for dull rainy days!

Personal Growth: Tonight's journaling was on my Responsibility strength. Like Achiever, both a blessing and a curse.

My journaling program consists of this: go to basement and sit on floor; plug ear buds into Brain Wave app (Calming Meditation track); foam roll my back; read strength in book; journal via iPad. A very nice, calming, centering 20 minutes before I get ready for bed.

I occasionally allow Hank into the basement with me, and he'll spend the first 10-15 minutes trotting around & smelling everything, but eventually sits tight next to me (trying to sit on my lap, of course) and turns into the sweet, calm pooch I want him to be, and I finally understand the quote, "I aspire to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Grateful: For Hanky. When he's sweet, he's the SWEETEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment