Thursday, August 15: RD10

Nutrition: Doing okay. Back onto W30 until my face calms down. Supper at a restaurant where I found a way to get a decent meal: iceberg topped with salsa, pork chops, baked potato topped with salsa. The salad was nothing to write home about, but the rest worked. Glad I am no longer afraid of carbs, otherwise it would have been sad.

Sleep: 8.75 hours in bed, 9p-545a, 79% quality. For that kind of time, sad quality. Out soundly until 330a, then in/out after that. At least I didn't have to get up at 330a, but even at 545a, I wanted to keep sleeping. Tired.

Healthy Movement: Got up with creaky feet and sore glutes (wonder how Travis feels!), and still that tightness in upper right back. I've had a couple twinges on top of right foot today & yesterday, but it's just a little zing and then business as usual. Hm. And to make pain that even clearer, the zing in my left heel when doing inchworms is now gone. Session felt fantastic, and the back felt better afterward. That's the beauty of NSS!!

Fun & Play: Half-day of work at TS. Booked a meet-up with my missing bud Amy on the weekend that we are camping in WI; she is a mere 1.5-hour drive from the racetrack. Yippee!! Session. Work at NSS. 

Supper out with my oldest goddaughter, who is 14, going into 9th grade, super athletic, and dealing with an ankle problem from a sprain back in December. We bonded over the suckage of injuries that keep you from doing your favorite things, and how much you would give to just be healthy again. Poor girl. We went out for no reason, not her birthday, just to chat. It was awesome, because SHE is awesome! She's the exact kind of girl I would have been so jealous of in high school that I would have hated her. (Why do females get this way?) Also, she suddenly looks so much older...I wish I saw her more often. I also wanted to go in & see the family when I dropped her off (I worked for her parents for 6 years), but it was already 8p. Stupid body!

Grateful: That this godparenting gig survived the divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment