Thursday, August 1: W30D46

Nutrition: No problemo. Over-flowing with vegetables. Better stocked with some meat shortcuts. And I am now fully loaded with coconut butter & coconut cream to keep my calories up without nuts. Feeling very good.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 915p-515a, 84% quality. Solid but woke early (445a or so) and couldn't fall back.

Healthy movement: Shins still ache, all else good. Session felt bomb dig. 11 pulls! YTD tally: 3062, which is 130 ahead of schedule. Today Dustin & I figured out that if I just keep up a consistent 30-ish with every NSS session, plus 30-40 at my home lifting session, then 5000 pulls will actually become my new normal! Right shin ached all day, feeling it most as my weight shifts to the inside ball of foot (toward big toe).


Fun & Play: Team a bit loopy & fun all morning. Solid session. Fellow team member pointing me to a super-prime parking spot post-session! Used book sale: $4 for an over-stuffed bag, feeling like it's my birthday! Dog park with my three favorite Great Danes, slobbery sweet bouncy buddies.

Temperance: Received an email from the Boston Athletic Association:

Dear Sabrina:

You have been identified as a 2013 Boston Marathon participant who reached and was recorded at the half marathon checkpoint or later, but who did not have the opportunity to cross the Boylston Street finish line on April 15. Later this month, you will be eligible to register for the 2014 Boston Marathon during a special registration period.
 
This registration period will begin on Monday, August 19th at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time and will conclude on Thursday, August 29th at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. In order for your deferred entry to be accepted, you must register before the deadline. If you do not register during this period, your deferment will not be accepted.

I've got 4 weeks to figure it out. I'm leaning toward registering, because I can register & change my mind, but I can't NOT register & change my mind. And little by little, I'm feeling more willing to throw my usual life out the window and focus on running, but only because it's ZOMG Boston. It will be heart-wrenching to tell the tax firm peeps that I won't be there. It will be challenging to stop teaching class. It will be awful to sit out of the WD50k. It's almost unbearable to think that I'll be spectating again at the NSS powerlifting meet. But I need to come to terms with these sacrifices long before I'm deep down in the thick slimy muck of both guilt (for letting down others for pure selfishness) and jealousy (at my fellow runners' ease, or Joy's & Holea's monster squats) - I need to be 100% certain that Boston is worth it, and I need to figure out what to tell myself when the "woe is me" bully begins chattering inside my brain.

Grateful: For the little people in my life, like Baby Bear Alana, who was deadlifting at NSS when I did my pull-ups. Such a beautiful wee reflection of her strong-ass Mama Bear Joy...and with many extra years of intelligent strength-training to her advantage, where might this child take her beastly talents? I am truly excited to watch and find out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment