Read This: Whole9

It’s Just Exercise (Part I)
Most of us aren’t professional athletes or Olympic contenders–99.9% of us are not getting paid for our time spent in the gym. And for those of us who aren’t professionals, for whom performance doesn’t actually make a difference to our fame or fortune, sometimes we get a little (okay, a lot) too worked up about our workouts.
...
If I don’t make my pull-up goal, my Mom is still going to love me, my bank account is still going to look the same, the number of books I sell won’t dramatically fall off.
Genius. I'm getting better at keeping perspective - for example, I didn't feel at all upset yesterday at the failed OH Press max - but my gut reaction is still usually to ride hard up the peaks and down into the valleys with full emotional force. This post is a great reminder to keep perspective.

Find all the nuggets here: http://whole9life.com/2013/08/its-just-exercise-part-i-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment