Wednesday, July 31: W30D45

Nutrition: Still easy-peasy, though I have a craving for Diet Pepsi lately. Have gone three straight breakfasts with no carbs, when a week ago I felt beat-up enough to "require" a yam with breakfast each day. But I ran out of the coconut butter packets, and by limiting myself to one serving of nuts, I'm now struggling to get enough calories. I know: poor me, a tough problem.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, 9p-430a, 76% quality. Woke h/s/g at 3a for bathroom, water, raisins - blaming the banana I ate on the way home from Nelson at 8p. Meant to eat it right away post-Dustin, but forgot it, and thought I should get those carbs in. Gah.

Also, I am out of ZMA, have been for two nights - and have woken up those two nights. Co-inky-dink? Dunno. Caved and bought more today.

Healthy Movement: Aching feet. Aching shins. No session-related aches though! Class was "I have lats!" which entails lat pulldowns, banded pull-ups, and decel pull-ups. (Not counting any of them this time.) Elbows were great going into class, left one a bit annoyed afterward. They were also a teensy bit annoyed after yesterday's session, but not bad; ache isn't there while pulling but show up by farmer's walks. 3.75m lunch run was fantastic - walked a couple spells for Lisa, but I could've ran the whole thing with ease. Great feeling!

Fun & Play: Class. Favorite running buddy. Sunshine! Happy Mr Hanky. Ceiling fan installed in my bedroom, hooray for better sleep!

Temperance: Found some interesting information when I pulled together historical data:

  • 2008: lost 8.4 lbs averaging 1812 intake and 289 calories burned (per day)
  • 2009: lost 9.6 lbs averaging 1849 intake and 234 calories burned (per day)
  • 2010: lost 6.8 lbs averaging 1933 intake and 280 calories burned (per day)
  • 2011: gained 11.2 lbs averaging 2019 intake and 426 calories burned (per day)
  • 2012: gained 11.4 lbs (estimated) averaging 2025 intake and 472 calories burned (per day)

Yes, some of that 22.6 lb weight gain was muscle - but certainly not all: I've put on both fat AND muscle. I am a fuck of a lot stronger than I was 5 years ago, but my body shape is not drastically different, just sort of "bigger all over." Net of it all, I'm down a mere 2.2 lbs.

I do not know what to make of all this.

Is this set point bullshit and I am stuck with this body comp, without going to such great lengths that I shall feel utterly miserable every day, essentially forced choose between looks & performance? Did I trash my BMR by cutting intake too low for my output? Did stress cause all that weight gain? All of the above? None of the above?

And most importantly: how damn much should I be eating now to fuel performance & feel good - without adding fat?

Grateful: For the newly-installed doggy door. Hanky is going to be even happier, if that's even possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment