Saturday, July 20: W30D34

Nutrition: Had a decent run fueled by my usual breakfast plus some trail mix (almonds, raisins, cinnamon), Ultima, & a salt tab. Seemed to work out just fine. Ravenous after lunch. Not the best supper at the race track: pork jerky, Larabar, sunflower seeds, kombucha. All technically just fine, but not enough veg & far more than one serving of almonds.

Sleep: 8.5 (!) hours in bed, 915p-545a, 70% quality. Woke to storm, woke often after 4a, but felt pretty well-rested. Napped 3-5p but was terrible and almost worse than no nap (got texts from hubs).

Healthy Movement: Body feeling decent. Logged my 12-miler, finally! Not easy physically, but not a mental beatdown, so it was a huge win! No typical long-run aches while actually running, but typical post-run soreness plus: tight Achilles, somewhat tight right hip flexor, and sore shins again.

Fun & Play: 2 hours at the dog park! Nap! Races!

Temperance: I am feeling 80% sure I won't register for Boston. I truly think the best thing I could do, for both my body & my brain, is to stick with trail-running, and when trails are snowed in, focus on powerlifting. I do like that plan a LOT, and it's exactly what I was thinking about before running this year's Boston.

The other 20% tells me this is my last chance at Boston, and with the right attitude, I can handle it. But when just 30 minutes of road running sounds boring and sucky...how do I find that attitude?

Grateful: For fast races. They ended so early that I even got gas & groceries before heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment