Thursday, May 30

Nutrition: GOTD is 1900 calories and a gallon of water. Easy peasy, though I'm still craving me a soda pop!

Consumed: 2 eggs, breakfast sausage, c yam, .25c kraut, .5c roasted cauliflower & garlic, Larabar, 4c reg w/ T coconut milk; 2c reg; Larabar, 2c reg; 4oz pork roast, c yam; bag pork jerky, Tanka bar, Larabar; .5c blueberries, apple
Tally: 825cal P, 750cal C, 325cal F = 1900 total

Sleep: 7.25 hours in bed, 9p-415a, 84% quality. Woke shortly after 3a and just couldn't fall back. Tossing & turning, and low back aching. Gave up & got up; felt fairly well-rested.

Body: Low back is my only problem. Feels about like it did yesterday morning, which is a step down from last night when it was feeling near normal. Popped 2 ibuprofen right away. Session modified to exclude deadlifts (sniff!) but found enough stuff that was painless. Another 2 ibuprofen afterward, and then I sat at desk in afternoon to give it more rest. Regular pulls in session, 3x4, + NG pulls, 5x3. 2 more ibuprofen before bed.

Brain: Doing well. Had a slow, leisurely morning since I was up so early that I couldn't get into TS yet. Some silly time with Hank, watching him run around the yard chasing birds like a wild beast.

Fun time in session listening to Dustin tell the intern all about me: three-time Boston qualifier (I do love how that sounds), ultramarathoner, powerlifter, 5000 pull-ups goal, mental drive of an athlete, group fitness instructor, all of it made more impressive given a non-athletic life until 5 years ago...it all really made me sound pretty awesome. Very nice to hear my highlights!

But amidst the basking in all this glowing praise, my cunty internal voice focused on this: when Dustin said, "She got really lean" in a list of things, my brain immediately screamed at me, "AND THEN SHE GOT FAT AGAIN!" Luckily I was able to shut it down then and there, but of course I dwelled on it later and wanted to stab something into my brain. I then reminded myself that when Dustin said I had a similar build to Joy (when describing HER and her incredible 235# deadlift), I fully agreed. And Joy isn't fat. Therefore I am not fat. If a = b and b = c, then a = c. If I look like Joy, I look strong & awesome. So shut the fuck up, internal voice!

BIG BOOST: a girls' weekend is now booked for July 26-28th. One downside: can't go volunteer at Voyager like I was thinking, but it's completely worth the trade-off because TERRI is going to join us! GIDDY with happiness! We might even go so cheap with this that everyone comes to my house. Bonfires! Sleeping bags! Trail hiking! Homemade breakfast! (And, uh-oh: house cleaning!!)

Grateful: For the dog park. Such fun watching Hank and Mogley wrestle like a pair of little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment