Saturday, April 6

Nutrition: GOTD is "Don't go home and drink all the remaining Mangria in celebration of the end of tax season!" I did go home and overeat a bit, but calories were well within reason for such a momentous day.

Consumed: turkey egg, chicken sausage, Brussels sprouts, roasted garlic & cauliflower, coffee w/ coconut milk; black coffee; coffee w/ SFS; Cholula jerky, Larabar, DCP; pistachios, apple; bacon jerky, DA&W; apple chips, pizza toast; apple w/ chocoPB, PB&J toast, senna tea
Tally: 650cal P, 725cal C, 750cal F = 2125cal


Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 930p-6a, 94% quality. Now THAT is what I'm talking about! Alarm woke me at 6, holy crap. I was dozing a bit after 3a but never fully awake or needing to get up. Felt a little dehydrated but very well-rested when I got up. Finally.

Body: Upper back still tight but improved. Elbow joints feel okay, but the muscles are sore. Short stroll around the block with tax form coworker later in afternoon.

Dead-leg chins, done slower without the bottom-up bounce: 5 in AM, 5 in PM.

Brain: Excellent. My last day of tax season! Saw two dozen deer a half-mile from my house! Holiday station had my jerky back again! Bought tickets to see Carolla! Finished all my personal tax returns! Found the best damned birthday gift idea EVER for Emma (if I can afford it)!

I was a little "dumpy" today talking about Boston with my tax peeps. I'm feeling challenged to avoid disappointment to plan a walk/run for such a momentous race. I wish I could focus on the fact that I am already achieving my first goal, which was simply to start, uninjured. Goal two was to finish; I can't even remember the other three right now, I was so focused on the first two. And barring something wildly unexpected, both are in the bag.

I did ask myself what I would tell someone else who was facing this same situation; what would I say to my wee beloved Lisa if it were her? I think I would tell her, "You are starting the Boston Marathon, when a year ago you were certain you never would. Nothing else matters. Soak it up. Savor it. Love it. Don't let the "what ifs" diminish your experience of this once-in-a-lifetime event. Seek and squeeze out every little bit of enjoyment you can, so that you can look back at it for the rest of your life with overwhelmingly positive feelings." (Now, if only I can keep telling myself that, maybe it will drown out the bitch who says I'm a loser.)

Grateful: For this Boston forecast on April 15:
-Partly cloudy
-High of 59F
-Winds SSE 12 mph
-AKA: damn near perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment