Friday, April 19

Nutrition: GOTD is to fast. Did have a 3am snack in order to sleep, but otherwise nada. Chilled as usual, very hungry at supper time (VERY close to eating), but otherwise fine. Only felt hunger pangs a couple times until supper hunger. Expect this will be easier on a normal worky Friday. Was a good/bad day to fast: (good) I don't have much for food and I can't get any due to the SNOW, but (bad) I have pork carnitas in the slow cooker making this house smell AMAZING.

Consumed: 4 dried plums; c coffee; c coffee w/ stevia; 2c tea; c NC
C: 75

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 930p-6a, 86% quality. Up h/s/g at 3a for water, b/r, some dried plums. Blargh. Calories were at 1725 yesterday. Really, that's too low? Argh.

Planned to nap after done working, but instead vegged on couch and caught up on TV shows.

Body: A little dehydrated, blaming the hot tub. However, quite stiff and sore in the hammies - what the wha?!

Pulls throughout day in sets of three (that felt pathetically hard; next time remind me to at least be doing regular push-ups on vacation): 3x5. Held myself back from doing more, figured the body might not be happy about a binge after a 5-day fast.

Brain: Good. Much to do, not a lot of motivation, but I actually have time to slack off! And I have planned up two awesome social outings for the weekend (Joy! Amy!), working on more for next weekend (Lisa! Sarah!). Happy to be eager to see people, happy to feel so "free and easy" without tax season or marathon training stress over my head, happy to just FEEL HAPPY again. Me again. Apologies to all of you who put up with unhappy me for the last several months. Hope I can be awesome enough to make up for it all.

Grateful: That I had planned to work from home today, otherwise this snow might actually upset me. As it is, I was only bothered enough to clean it off the bird feeder for my wee feathered visitors.

Quote:
Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
- Bruce Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment