Thursday, March 21

Nutrition: Happy deadlift day! Today's goal was to drink a gallon of water. 1 quart down before I even left home, another quart down before going to NSS, that made it easy.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, 915p-445a, 80% quality. Woke naturally and couldn't fall back. Expected to see at least 90%, though, it was damned solid. I suppose just not long enough.

Body: Feeling great! Tiniest bit sore all-over yet, but no big.

Session with my Buddy felt fantastic! Pulls in session, 2x8.

Acne: A list of suspects for the current breakout:
  • alcohol - now out for a while
  • Diet Dr Pepper - nothing suspicious in the ingredient list, but I bought a 12-pack a couple weeks ago, last can consumed today
  • gum - will avoid for a while then test once things clear up
  • SF coffee syrup - have had a higher intake lately (daily Americano indulgence) but that's been going on for months; I wouldn't have even put it here but I re-read the label and it says that it contains dairy allergens, despite nothing in this list:
    • Purified water, natural flavors, acesulfame potassium, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), xanthan gum, sucralose, (SPLENDA Brand), citric acid, caramel color
    • (it's that GD "natural flavors" nonsense!!)

Brain: Doing well. At meeting with Steve we decided to have me start tracking again and to hit some calorie targets after Saturday's run. I am okay with this. I need to log a win, however small. Interesting note: as I told him this next run will be my hardest, mentally, I started to tear up. No idea why. Guess I am afraid of failing. So sick of this weak, pathetic brain! But it will be fine. No stupid eating tomorrow night should get me good sleep, and that is all I need to have a success.

Grateful: For my strong Buddy. It was fun to see her deadlift my PR with ease and still be unsatisfied. Beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment