Wednesday, February 6

Nutrition: Short-run day on good sleep, thus moderation.

5a-bag sweet & hot jerky, c reg
6a-almond milk latte w/ stevia, supps
630a-taught class (warm-up, pull-ups)
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
845a-Larabar, 2c decaf
11a-oz almonds, can DC
12p-3m run w/ Lisa
1p-can tuna, large banana, oz almonds, supps
315p-Larabar, 2c herbal tea
730p-salad w/ balsamic & pepitas, egg white omelet w/ peppers, onions, garlic, & hot sauce, sm apple, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 9p-5a, 76% quality - but felt better than that. I think my portly little man Oscar may have been screwing it up some. (He's back to cuddling up to me, hooray! Clyde, however, is still into sleeping by Hop's feet. Sad.)

Body: Quite good. A little hobbly getting out of bed initially (feet, calves, what?) but felt good in class warm-up and pull-ups. Upper body tight by mid-day. That's weird, could it possibly be from doing 86 pull-ups in 48 hours?

Noon run was great. Wore the Newtons and felt fine.

Stretches x3 (630a, 1245p, 8p). Pull-ups 4x5, /3 /2 (grip issues). Didn't do the two-minute spacing, just "as able" during class.

Decided to take some pressure off myself with the pull-ups. Rather than doing all my sets with just two-minutes of rest (in effort of working toward 20 pull-ups), and feeling intimidated (by my own effing workout design!) thus just plain avoiding them on the days I feel "fat" - I am simply going to do what feels right that day. If it's the two minutes of rest like Monday morning when I felt strong & capable, then that's what I'll do. If it's "as time works" like today during class, then that's what I'll do. If it's a day I feel fat and weak, I'll grab a dumbbell and do sets of 1 or 2 or whatever. Or just work on kips. Whatever. I'm going to be gentler with my expectations & standards of myself during such a stressful time of year. What a concept, right? (I'm a slow learner, folks.)

So long as this change keeps me logging at least SOME pull-ups every day, well, that keeps me on track to the goal of 5000, right? Year to date: 534!

Post-Boston, when I can focus on fat loss again, I can also focus on pull-ups endurance. Plus, by then I'll have done a lot more grip work to help with that issue.

Brain: SO GOOD. Lisa gave me the sweetest card in the world, first thing in the morning. I teared right up. Made. My. WEEK.

Last night I sent an email to my team (how weird to say!) with a heads-up that we're kind of running status quo for a while, being month-end, audit, budget, EVERYTHING, the transition will take a while, just let me know if you need anything and I'll do my best, etc. And this morning one of them promptly emailed me back and then, holy wow: Mary gave me a HUG and said to stop worrying so much! I am so effing lucky.

Super long day 630a-645p, with a sweet lunch run in the middle. Brain stayed capable, though.

Grateful: For Lisa, once again. Bestest friend ever?

Quote:

You're the owner and operator of the most advanced and adaptable machine ever created. Do something positive with it and have a great day, Team Sexy (that's y'all, FYI).
-Rog Law

No comments:

Post a Comment