Tuesday, February 5

Nutrition: Lifting day, thus higher everything.

545a-fried egg, sl bacon, chicken sausage, 5 Brussels sprouts, c squash, 2c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
7a-can DC
8a-2c Americano
9a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter, 2c reg
12p-personal training
130p-salad w/ half avocado & Caesar dressing, oz almonds, can Zevia, supps
4p-oz almonds
7p-sl meatza, bag Veggie Krunch, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 930p-530a, 88% quality, felt incredibly solid. Could have used a bit more; was quite annoyed when my phone buzzed after I'd just flipped over and dug into my pillow. Although, who wouldn't be?

Body: Feels very good. Still a touch of calf tightness.

Stretches x3 (8a, 5p, 8p). Chins in session, 8, 8, 5.

Brain: Better than yesterday thanks to the great sleep. And chat with Steve*. And order placed for Girl Scout cookies, including some as gifts. I like to give treats!

*My weight went up a whopping .2 lbs (that's like a gulp of water!) and measurements were “basically the same” so there's no need to continue dwelling on Saturday. Point 1.

Then, he laid out this line of thought: if I made zero effort to restrict my intake and just ate whatever I wanted to eat, I’d probably gain, at most, ~5 lbs in the next 10 weeks until Boston. And if that 5 lbs keeps me from getting injured (because I’m fully fueling my training), would that be worth the trade-off? Obviously I didn’t hesitate to say YES! Basically, body comp is always available as a goal, but a solid Boston is not. Point 2.

The boy is smart.

Still, it is hard to just let go of body comp goals – especially when the NSS transformation contest kicks off and "everyone else" gets to lose fat. Somehow I have to keep my goals in front of me ("everyone else" doesn't get to run Boston!!), eat reasonably on the days that I am in control, and take naps on the days I’m not!

And stop effing internalizing so much stress, since it accomplishes NOTHING whatsoever.

Grateful: For Steve & the perspective he brings.

Worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment