Wednesday, January 2

6a-Larabar, 2c reg w/ 2T coconut milk, supps
630a-taught class (warmup only)
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
830a-2c decaf
930a-coconut flakes & Sunbutter
12p-.5oz almonds
1215p- yoga w/ Heather
115p-salad w/ balsamic, 4oz chicken carnitas, .5oz almonds, supps
230p-c senna tea
430p-oz almonds
630p-s turkey pepperoni w/ guac, 4oz chicken carnitas, oz mixed nuts, 2c Sleepytime tea, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water
Low-carb day, moderate-calorie day; rest day, felt fine & in control except around the nuts. Hungry & chilly at 1130a, fasting-style. Hm.

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 845p-445a, 65% quality. Felt better than that, though. 2 Nyquil knocked me out quickly! Little tired & spacy by noon. Took daily shot of B complex before going to yoga.

Body: Feels pretty good! Digestion still sluggish, making me feel giant, but unlike my norm, I am ignoring the belly and focusing on my glutes. They look great today!

Cold is still hanging 'round my head, about the same as yesterday. Emailed Steve what I've been doing & asked whether he had any advice. Yoga felt wonderful, exactly what I needed.

Stretches x2 (645a, 115p).

Brain: Day one of year-end close. Wasn't bad but that's because so much of what I do has to wait for three days in. So, Friday through Wednesday: stay back!

Was thinking on this morning's commute that my lifting focus during Boston training could potentially be upper body. Focus on chins/pulls, bench press, perhaps add overhead press - and then just aim to maintain lower body strength while increasing running. Chiefly discussion required!

I'm committed to two habits for January: 1, daily cuppa tea; 2, share a daily dose of gratitude here on each post. January is my most stressful month, so adding a calming tea time plus a daily meditation on something wonderful in my life are certain to help. Bonus if they can happen together.

Grateful: For my friend Joy. It's her birthday tomorrow, and I want her to read this and know that I think she's brilliant, talented, strong, wise, beautiful, kind, and simply amazing. Her friendship has been a wonderful gift for which I am deeply grateful. She has been an unbeatable resource on my food restrictions, turned me into a tea geek, shares my iron addiction, and regularly inspires me to be a better me. I wish for each of you to have such an incredible person in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment