Wednesday, January 16

Nutrition: Low everything day to balance yesterday's high day (which did not help me sleep). Legit hunger in afternoon, moderate cravings at supper.

545a-3oz chicken, T chocolate chips, 2c reg, supps
630a-taught class (did warm-up) then pulls
8a-2c reg
930a-7 (!) Reese's Pieces, coconut flakes & Sunbutter, Americano w/ SF syrup
12p-3.15m run w/ Lisa
1p-can tuna, med apple, supps
2p-2c reg w/ SF syrup
345p-s coconut flakes
6p-egg white omelet w/ bunch o' asparagus & hot sauce, red bell pepper w/ salsa, micro cake, c cocoa tea, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 9p-5a, 86% quality. Took a Nyquil, but still woke up ~230a, dozed in/out until at least 4a, then fell back asleep until alarm woke me at 5a. Feel a little better than yesterday, though.

Body: Upon waking, bottoms of feet hurt, neck/shoulder stiff - all better with movement. Pull-ups felt pretty good, did not seem to bother the neck.

Lunch run with Lisa was wonderful. Easy, chatty, delightful. So busy talking that I didn't think much about the work I was doing, other than the slippery footing. I hope that feeling stays!!

Stretches x3 (7a, 1p, 8p). Pull-ups 6, 5/1, 4/2, 3/3, /5. So incredibly frustrating how quickly they backslide! With that in mind, I set a goal of doing 5000 pull-ups this year. That's 14 per day. A typical day of doing them is 25-ish, so that still allows me rest days and low-count days. But with seven 0 days already this year, I'm behind! Time to get consistent.

Brain: Feeling quite slow and stupid in the AM. Amy came to my class so that gave me a little boost. Long convo with officemate about insecurities, mostly related to body comp, but also the rest of our lives in general - so rare and so refreshing to be reminded that we are all feeling this way, but so frustrating that none of us seem to get over it. Trying not to freak out too much over tomorrow's round 2 interview & briefcase scenario, but I'm pretty damned anxious.

I feel like I may need to have a conversation with Dustin about deloading from everything: nutrition, lifting, long runs, etc...the combination of poor deadlifts last week and poor chin-ups yesterday feel like early indicators, warning signs. It's similar to how things played out last tax season when I got super depressed, or even last summer, when I had a big ol' backslide with lifting. Or felt like I did.

And we have learned that perceived lack of expected progress leads to Sabrina beating herself up for sucking, which leads to downward spirals in all areas. It ain't pretty, folks. I am currently maintaining perspective and tamping down my expectations given my pile o' stressors, but the longer I am buried in that pile, the cloudier my perspective becomes.

I am thinking perhaps I could stagger the deloads and always have a week off from something, or I might need a week off from absolutely everything. Or I might be worrying for nothing. Either way, it doesn't hurt to bring it up. I am trying to stay ahead of the game here, avoid throwing myself into brick walls until I'm a pile of broken disaster.

Grateful: For Lisa Timmerman. She's so incredibly sweet and yet also a complete & total smart ass. Just my kind of person! Plus, without her company, what kind of runner would I have become? Having her as my regular lunchtime running buddy is such an amazing gift. Someone with a similar training schedule, who runs at the same pace, that I adore...how much luckier could I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment