Thursday, January 3

6a-2 fried eggs, 4 sl bacon, c kraut, c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
7a-c reg w/ T coconut milk
8a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter, 2c half-caff w/ T coconut oil
11a-1/4 sample of crockpot apples*
12p-personal training
130p-salad w/ balsamic, can tuna, 1 crockpot apple, supps
315p-2c decaf black vanilla tea
645p-salad w/ balsamic, 4oz chicken carnitas, 1 crockpot apple, c Sleepytime tea, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water
Moderate carbs, moderate calories. 

*This was a team treat. Are they spoiled, or what? I organized 30 days of deliciousness to help us survive year-end. Each team member is signing up to bring in a treat one day, plus we'll use the company treats Mon/Wed, and thus we will have daily treats all the way through the audit! I'm a freaking genius. (Shortcut on the recipe: I didn't stuff the apples, just sliced into slow cooker & spread toppings across the pile. YOU wanna core & stuff apples at 630am??)

Sleep: 9 hours in bed, 830p-530a, 99% quality. Yeah, baby! Again 2 NyQuil. Solid except for 2a bathroom visit.

Body: Still have the cold but it's still at the "full head" stage. Digestion is working thanks to the senna tea. Actually wondering if perhaps the NyQuil affects digestion?

Steve's advice was basically to keep doing what I'm doing, limit exertion, sleep every chance I get, eat more if needed, drink tons of water. I upped my tea intake but I can definitely add more water. I did also tell Dustin to take it easy on me. (But not until after my squats and chins and bench!) Worst part of the cold was the ears that wouldn't pop when breathing hard at NSS. Not bad!

Steve also said to let the house get messy, let the dishes mold, just sleep...as if I needed to be told that!! First standard that I lower when I'm sick (or stressed or busy) is cleanliness. I don't eat off the damn floor, how clean does it need to be?!

Stretches x2 (in session, 8pm).

Brain: I'm doing well. Busy work day, though not insane yet. Had a sweet moment today when the CFO realized that MY formula was a better estimate than HIS formula. Yeah!

Gratitude: Despite the amount of complaining I'm likely to do in the next week, I really do love my job. All of my jobs. I would never work as much or as hard as I do for a bunch of jerks. But for genuinely good, also hard-working, smart, grateful people? I'll work my ass off, happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment