Saturday, January 5

Nutrition: Started out solid, moderate carbs/cals, but was really craving fat in PM. Not sure why. Indulged.

545a-2 fried eggs, 4oz chicken carnitas, crockpot apple, c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
630a-c reg w T coconut milk & SF syrup
730a-2c reg w/ SF syrup
9a-2c reg w/ SF syrup
10a-Quest bar, bottle DCP
1p-bag pork jerky, 2 crockpot apples
4p-can DP
530p-spaghetti squash w/ carnitas chicken topped w/ tomato sauce, oz nuts (forgot supps)
745p-oz nuts w/ coconut butter, c senna tea w/ coconut oil
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Sleep: In bed 8 hours, 9p-5a, 94% quality. Woke at 1a, took a bit to fall back (snoring husband), bit otherwise solid. Woke naturally about 430, dozed til 5. No more NyQuil, dang.

Body: Wow are my feet tight when I first get up! Low back a bit tight thanks to deadlifts but nothing bad. Digestion shut down. Why? Rest day in prep for tomorrow's run

Stretches x1 (9a).

Acne: Testing a Quest bar today, which has this on the label: "Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate)" [yes, all of those unnecessary caps]. I have already established that whey protein is okay. I am annoyed by the generic "milk protein" term because that means either casein or whey, and how do I know which it is? I am going to assume it is casein, which is more likely to be an allergen for folks, therefore I do expect to react.

Which, in retrospect, is terrible timing! That puts the potential reaction, which is a hard slap to my self esteem, on Monday, probably, which is the day of the lead interview. Shit. At least it was tasty; I chose coconut cashew, natch. But honestly: I'd rather get my protein dose from some pork carnitas!

Brain: Pretty good. As I neared NSS this morning, I saw a ton of runners gathering at 7am, some to start, some just finishing - would have been fun to join them!

Grateful: For the hot tub that we never would have even THOUGHT of buying, but came with the new house. So far, the Saturday night hot tub parties have freaking ruled.

No comments:

Post a Comment