Wednesday, January 9

Nutrition: Low-carb, low-calorie day. Accomplished by skipping breakfast and having no snacks readily available. Was hungry, though.

5a-c reg
615a-c reg w/ SF syrup, supps
630a-pull-ups
715a-Americano w/ SF syrup
830a-3 Reese's Pieces, 2c decaf
930a-coconut flakes & Sunbutter, can DP
12p-2.31m run & OH presses
1p-can tuna, 1.5oz almonds, .5s coconut flakes, 2c black tea, supps
630p-salad w/ balsamic & pepitas, bag pork jerky, cabbage & pork sausage taste-testing, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Sleep: 8 hours in bed, 9p-5a, 89% quality. Didn't feel like it was that great (I think it missed my steady tossing/turning from about 4a onward) but I do feel good today.

Body: Damn good! Did I really do heavy squats yesterday? Can't tell! I also ate 2025 calories yesterday - that just may help with recovery. Maybe? I dunno, it's a pretty untested theory at this point, I'll get back to ya...

At lunch I ran 20 minutes and it went okay. Pace was 8:40 and that was kind of a push to manage. Stashed Garmin in pocket & listened to a podcast in order to zone out and stop thinking, but there were definitely a few moments where I thought how nice it would be to walk.

And now I'll convert that to what I would say about the run if I were smarter & wiser: 
Today's lunch run went GREAT! Chose a short-ish loop so I pushed the pace a bit, came out to 20 minutes. Physically it felt pretty good, no specific issues. There were definitely times when I thought how nice it would feel to walk, but I ran the whole thing and had an 8:40 pace and had NO PAIN!
Interesting how a little perspective shift changes things, eh?

Stretches x3 (645a, 1230p, 745p). Pull-ups 4x4, /4. OH Press 4x5 (1 minute rest) after post-run stretching, just for S&G.

Sat at desk 2-5pm. (Dig that, I left at 5pm!!) Being conscious that long work hours = extra standing = extra physical stress, and I don't need any extra, thankyouverymuch.

Brain: Started the day off by backing out of the garage, straight into the yard, and getting stuck like a chump! No husband home. Sent an email to cancel class, put on snowpants & boots, grabbed the shovel, and got myself out. Victory! Ended up getting here 10 minutes late; Craig was my only attendee, content to stick with the elliptical for the day, so I knocked out my pull-ups - then to the dredges of year-end close.

When technology issues got the best of me YET AGAIN I pulled out the stool and sat, because what I really wanted to do was go stuff my face with Wednesday cookies. Spent a couple hours thinking "I don't want to be a damned lead, I want to work somewhere else, I want to win the Powerball!" & the like. So GD frustrated. Didn't get it resolved, but did not let frustration go too wild. Left feeling good yet.

Grateful: For podcasts, and for Dustin who got me hooked on 'em. Larry Miller is back, and the sound of his voice nearly made me cry. Like reuniting with an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment