Monday, January 14

Nutrition: Moderate-carb, moderate-calorie day. Should be low, but testing effect on sleep with a micro cake at supper. Yeah, I know, I said no more micro cakes. But I need sleep, people.

315a-T coconut oil
545a-fried egg, chicken sausage, c cole slaw, 2c reg, supps
630a-taught class (did warm-up & 1min farmer's walk)
7a-pulls & pushes
8a-2c reg
930a-coconut flakes & Sunbutter, 2c decaf w/ SF syrup
12p(restaurant)-chef salad (romaine, cukes, tomatoes, ham, turkey) w/ oil & vinegar, c reg, supps
145p-2c black tea
3p-1.5c weak black tea w/ T coconut oil, shot B12
315p-15-minute walk (afternoon train, in heels)
630p-salad w/ balsamic, 6oz chicken w/ T bbq sauce, supps
7p-micro cake, 2c peppermint tea
Throughout day-2 quarts water

Diet Summary post has been updated.

Last week's numbers came in at 1671 calories, 87g carbs. Goal of 1600 cal / 73g carbs. I'm calling it a win because I had all of this going on last week: massive TS stress due to year-end close and also interviewing for a promotion; completely terrible sleep; heavy deadlifts & big-time fatigue as a result; crying at work in front of my lead; all of this during a caloric deficit w/ carb restriction until I had a kinda/almost binge day; then I beat myself up for that and tried to remedy it with a 24-hour fast...is that enough excuses? Are they excuses, or are they justified?

Does it even matter? It's over. Moving on.

The problem is: I can't survive crap sleep for another week. I have my second-round interview on Thursday morning. I need to get enough high-quality sleep. How? Dr Google indicates more carbs. Shitballs. Added micro cake to otherwise-healthy supper.

Do I really have to prioritize my job over fat loss? And will more carbs even work, or are calories the ticket? Eating more (both calories AND carbs) sure worked on Friday & Saturday nights. I felt like a brand new woman. If only it weren't so fleeting...

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 830p-445a, 75% quality. Up at 315 a for bathroom and ate spoonful coconut oil. Didn't think I would fall back, laid there quite a while, then had weird dreams when I did.

Body: Great. AM pull-ups/OH presses (due to lunch meeting) felt excellent. Left foot was not keen on the afternoon train, but I was in 1.5" heels.

Stretches x2 (645a, 330p). Pulls 5x4, /5.

Brain: Decent. Again feeling kind of burned out at TS, isn't that a great way to start another busy, stressful week. Got better after the lunch meeting with LAPW Philanthropic Committee. We are planning a fundraiser for Someplace Safe...can't stay grumpy through that kind of discussion!

Grateful: For automatic bill payments. Makes life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment