Monday, December 3

445a-fried egg, chicken sausage, c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
545a-2c reg w/ T coconut milk
630a-taught class (only did warm-up w/o jumps)
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
9a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter, 2c decaf
12p-fish, stir fry, oz almonds, 2c half-caff, supps
3p-oz almonds, 2c reg w/ stevia
6p-salad w/ vinegar, 2c decaf w/ T coconut milk, supps
7p-c senna tea
830p-NC
Throughout day-3 quarts water
Low-carb AND low-cal day. Easily done on a Monday. Full of willpower, but also zero cravings to battle.

NCP summary post updated.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, terrible quality. Up at 3a for bathroom, then woke constantly after that, 330, 4, 430.

Body: Feel like I may be getting a cold: coughing yesterday, sore throat today. Digestive system unhappy, likely due to poor sleep.

Felt shin when I got up but it went away. Kind of challenging to explain a pain that's no longer there to a doctor! James believes it comes down to tight heel cords. Prescribed serious step stretches (60s straight / 120s bent knee) three times per day; do front squats instead of back squats to work on mobility; go back Thursday morning and he will “overstretch” me; he figures going back once per week for about three weeks ought to do it.

All of which sounds totally doable & tolerable except for the last part: don’t plan on running, or even walking, for another three weeks. Three. Weeks.

BW pulls, AM 6x3; PM 6x3. Stretches x2.

Brain: Okay. Too busy with work to spare much time on my narcissism. Get to push one of my goals to next year; get to substitute a goal based on the new entity purchase, which means it's already "check done," which is a huge relief.

Didn't even get too emotional about James' verdict. If he's right, it's not that bad at all, nothing time/stretching can't fix, but still...three more weeks? So I get to start Boston training from practically zero, one week before tax season starts? GROSS. But I filed it in the "numb" file & moved forward.

Actually, when I first got in my car, I said to myself, in a rather Dustin-like voice, "There is no sense in getting all upset and worked up about this. No matter how I react, three weeks is three weeks. Might as well forget the tantrum and just accept it." I felt rather adult. Is this a sign of maturity, or is it just that I have so GD many stupid running injuries that even *I* have learned to deal with them on an even keel?

Quote:
The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
-George S. Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment