Wednesday, November 14

430a-fried egg, beef hot dog, c kraut, GF waffle, almond milk latte w/ stevia, supps
6a-c reg
630a-taught class (warm-up less jumps, plus pulls)
730a-2c reg
9a-Uberbar, grapefruit, chicken sausage, SEVEN (!) Reese's Pieces, 2c decaf
1215p-yoga w/ Heather
1p-chicken sausage, banana, Uberbar, FOUR more Reese's Pieces, can Zevia, supps
2p-c reg w/ stevia
630p-salad w/ vinegar, pork stew, micro cake w/ honey, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water
High carb day.

Sleep: 7 hours in bed, 930p-430a. Up at 115a when Oscar was hacking, but hooray, no vomit! Hit the bathroom, got a drink of water, and fell back easily. Woke around 4 and dozed til 430. Slightly better quality but not enough quantity. Got rather tired about 4pm.

Body: Ankle/shin still hurts, but feels like there may be a small improvement. Left hip hurt too, but more like a tweaked hip flexor, and it went away after class.

10-lb weighted pulls AM 2x;, during class 2x3 (gotta inspire the boys!); PM 3 + 2x3.

Today I put a goal on the board in The Well: 10-lb weighted pulls x5. Nice, eh?

Brain: Fine. Work was super busy which kept me hopping, but was going well. Until Lisa informed me she's out next Wednesday AND Friday. (I thought it was just Friday.) And it's a payroll week. I already feel so totally overwhelmed with my own job-and-a-half for the next four solid months, this was almost too much.

Frustrated that someone else's time off kills my workload (another person out next week has pushed some of my deadlines up), especially when my OWN time off does the same thing - no one does my work when I'm gone, I just get to put in more hours before and after! Short minor freakout of "woe is me the victim" and figurative tears (literal ones would've been good lubrication for my glue-y eyes) but I mostly contained myself.

In fact, at our all-team an hour later, we told the person next to us something we were grateful for. I said "I have a job that I love most of the time, and having so much to do is great job security." And this was to Lisa. Gold star?

Side note: I still felt the urge to EAT during the victim-moment but it wasn't as powerful as it used to be. Rules.

Girly tip: when stressed, wear something that gets a lot of compliments, even if it's something you don't necessarily care for. Today's outfit was very "meh" to me, but I got at least a half-dozen compliments on the dress! This was a nice boost. Must remember this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment