Tuesday, November 27

5a-fried egg, c squash, chicken sausage, c reg w/ 2T coconut milk, supps
6a-chocolate coconut stack, c reg
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
915a-Uberbar, 2c reg
12p-personal training
130p-6oz chicken w/ RoTel, banana bread cookie, med apple, supps
645p-2s pork roast w/ carmelized bananas, 3 bacon squash biscuits, 3 chocolate coconut stacks, 4c decaf tea, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water
High-carb day. Friends over for supper so all new recipe experiments. Pork was great; biscuits probably great if using sweet potato, squash didn't work very well; stacks are great, not all that sweet though, so probably a disappointment to them.

NCP: Since I didn't really stick to my goals last week (Thanksgiving was semi-okay, but my birthday was way off) my goals are almost exactly the same, only tweak being to average 1800 intake - a weekly average rather than a daily target, per my request, prefer having that bit of leeway for higher/lower days. We also spent a lot of time talking about prioritizing, and blocking off the brain from wasting energy on anything beside the current goal, that kind of stuff.

Basically, if I can keep my head right...I can nail all of this. And I know that, but no matter what I tell myself when I'm feeling good - I still don't know how to pull myself up out of my spirals.

Sleep: In bed 8 hours, 9p-5a. Took a while to fall asleep. Woke at 2a, fell back, woke at 4a, dozed til just before 5a. Feel rested.

Body: Feels great, though have tight hip flexors; left one felt a bit wonky in squats. Also tight shoulders, had a hard time zipping up my dress in AM. Could be the giant muscles from all these pulls, though! On a related note: was going to go with an updo today, but I can't have all those pins stabbing me in the head on bench day. Priorities, people!

Post session, could feel tightness in right ankle. Very mild. Nothing in shin.
10-lb weighted pulls, PM: 3, 2, 2.

Brain: Doing great. Here's a neat but not-at-all surprising thing I noticed last night - after I managed three sets of 3 weighted pulls last night, I felt SO STRONG, confident, downright powerful. It directly translated to a massive confidence boost as I thought about the lead position, packing & moving, managing the new house payment, renting out our place, training for Boston, Saturdays at the tax firm, everything that's colliding exploding on my calendar in the next few months - what was insurmountable a month ago suddenly felt like a challenge I was ready for.

I really require those moments to keep me going, and I can see that a total lack of them is a big part of why last year's tax season was such a drag: running injury developed, lifting had to take a backseat after the powerlifting meet high, I couldn't stick to my fat loss plans - nothing went well, so everything just fell apart. I have to find a way to keep creating these little moments of achievement.

Here's one: I managed a 155 back squat on Sunday in my basement. Not only is that a PR for my less-than-ideal basement setup, I looked back to see that was my squat weight in the powerlifting meet! And I did that with no spotter, because I was still confident I didn't need one - which means I could have attempted even more if I'd had that extra safety. Thank you, Dustin!!

Thinking a lot about the lead position. Not stressing, more thinking about getting my resume updated, talking to Amy about the interview process, pointers, things to work on.

I also took the Myers-Briggs test and came up with INFJ:
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(12%) Judging(89%)

•You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
•You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
•You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
•You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

Read the profile of the type, career choices, leadership, all of which really just led me to want to read about Eleanor Roosevelt. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment