Tuesday, November 13

215a-.5T MCT oil
515a-2 fried eggs, beef hot dog, c asparagus, almond milk latte w/ stevia, supps
7a-c reg
730a-2c reg
930a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter
1130a-oz almonds
12p-can DC
3p-chicken sausage, oz almonds, supps
715p-salad w/ half avocado & oil & vinegar & slivered almonds, micro cake, .5oz pecans, c herbal tea, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water
(Low carb day)

NCP meeting with Steve: He is having me bump to 1800 calories evenly across the week. 3 low-carb days, 2 moderate, 2 high, but all at 1800. This level is what I did toward the end of September and felt really good at; had good sleep, recovery, everything - even some body comp progress.

For sleep, he is hoping the higher calories will help. Otherwise he said if I am wide awake, rather than grabbing some calories, try this: go stretch out in the living room for 5 minutes or so, keeping the lights off, really sinking into the stretches, “marinate” is the term he used.

Hoping the calorie boost will help the ankle/shin recovery, too.

Body comp is going well, muscles all up, belly fat down a whole inch – yes, I really am a terribly un-objective judge of my own body.

Sleep: In bed 8 hours, 9p-5a. Took a bit to fall asleep. Woke at 215a for b/r, hit of MCT oil, back to bed. Woke again at 4 (one sleep cycle!), then dozed in/out until 5. Felt okay. Not bad, not great, just okay.

Body: 10-lb weighted pulls, AM 2x4; PM 2x4. At 215a, no aches/pains. At 5a, stiff left foot, and same right ankle pain, no change from yesterday. Amputation is still an attractive option! Stood just one hour in morning then sat rest of day.

Brain: Doing okay. Had a long, lazy breakfast (reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest...funny coincidence, I now have the urge to go shopping at Ikea!) to give the brain some down time. Decided I should deal with poor sleep in this manner: don't focus on it & get all "woe is me" about it; simply track & report and let Steve be the detective. Maybe that will limit the impact it has on my mental state, and I can just file it into the "numb" category alongside all of my other stressors.

Bingo outing...I won $123. Yessssssss, happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment