Friday, November 16

530a-fried egg, c kraut, chicken sausage, micro cake, almond milk latte, supps
630a-c reg
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
930a-pork stew, chicken sausage, .5oz almonds, 2c half-caff
1045a-accessorizing
12p-can Zevia
130p-shredded coconut w/ Sunbutter, .5 oz almonds (forgot supps)
630p(restaurant)-8oz sirloin w/ mushrooms & onions, steamed vegetables, salad w/ vinaigrette, 5c decaf
9p-supps
Throughout day-2 quarts water
Low carb day.

Sleep: 8.5 hours in bed, 9p-530a. Up at 2 for bathroom, then back to bed. Not wide awake or monkey-minded, but also did not fall back right away, so I stretched in bed for ~5 minutes. Eventually I fell back, but 430-530a was dozing in/out.

Sleep is still not ideal, but if I look at the sleep ratings in my "recovery" spreadsheet (come on, don't even act like you're surprised this exists), this week it's hitting mostly 3s (out of 4) vs last week's 2s & 1s. So it is improving, and hopefully will keep doing so! A low-key weekend should help as well.

Body: Have finally figured out whether it's my ankle or shin that's hurting: the ankle is tight every morning, but that goes away as I get moving. Upper shin, however, still hurts with movement, but it's improved over yesterday. Low back a bit tight all day, even through workout. Did not sit at desk, just plain didn't wanna.

Workout felt fantastic. Perfect moves/weights to feel nice & heavy, worked out a little aggression at the end, returned to desk feeling strong and happy, like a brand new bean.

10-lb weighted pulls: AM 3, 1, 2, 2; 15-lb in workout, pulls 1x3, chins 1x3.

Brain: Doing my best to stay positive. Fun weekend plans. Naps possible. Slow breakfast meant I saw the sunrise. That was an unexpectedly large boost. Been taking my vitamin D every morning, but perhaps the lack of sunshine, due to a lack of noon running as well as loooong work days, is having an impact on my mental state. (Well, that + work stress + shin pain + loneliness + poor sleep + calorie restriction.)

A thank you to Dustin for asking me more questions when I bitched to him about Instant Messaging. I hate IMs, I find them invasive - I hate the interruption, but I can't ignore it without feeling like a rude jerk. (If you really need a hot response, call. If you don't, email. Fuck this hybrid IM bullshit!) Anyway, I found a way to make my status "Away" permanently. If people don't see green, hopefully they won't bother IMing me; or if they do, they won't expect a quick response and I can ignore it as long as I want without feeling rude. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment