Wednesday, October 24

345a-2 fried eggs, 2 sl bacon, c cauli-browns, c reg w/ bit of almond milk, supps
545a-c reg, 2 bites acorn squash
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
630a-taught class, did warm-up & set of pulls
930a-s coconut flakes, s Sunbutter, 4 (!) Reese's Pieces, 2c decaf
1145a-.5oz almonds
1215p-3.31m run
1p-chicken sausage, can tuna, .5oz almonds, supps
2p-2c reg
6p-6oz chicken, c spaghetti squash, salad w/ half avocado & oil & vinegar, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Note on the Reese's Pieces: I check the cookie box for pieces that have fallen loose from cookies - it's something I can have in very small amounts, so tasty, and so rare. If I manage to find ONE, that's a bonus. Today there were FOUR. Score!

Sleep: 6 hours in bed, 915p-315a. Why? (a) I woke when Hop crawled in at 3, felt wide awake, tossed and turned until I got up so he could sleep (for 3 whole hours); (b) I didn't take any Benadryl last night; (c) often my sleep goes to hell due to low calories. Don't know which to blame, but the first two would be easiest to solve.

Don't feel too beat down, but definitely need more hours than 6. On the plus side, normally I would use poor sleep as an excuse to add an indulgent micro cake to breakfast. But since I am accountable to Steve and 1700, I only added an extra egg. (And a taste-test of acorn squash as I cut it up/portioned it out.) Yay me!

Body: AM pulls 3x5. PM pulls 3x5. Feeling pretty good. Not even stiff and sore when I got up, holy shit! Right shin still a bit tender to touch, but barely noticeable. Unhappy guts in morning, not fun. Sat 2 hours in afternoon meeting.

Test run went great. In afternoon, I did have some outer right ankle weirdness just like I had last week but dismissed. Hm. Hoping hoping hoping.

Brain: Stable. Somehow I didn't even cry myself to sleep over Sandy. Stayed numb. Was even able to joke with her tonight about how she will miss dealing with the new acquisition (pure sarcasm - it's a nightmare).

I wonder if some of my coping is purely lack of control; I can't stop her from leaving, I can't prepare any more than I already am - yet it would still be typical of me to freak out whether I can do anything or not.

Somehow I am not doing so. A very busy work day helped keep my mind off all of these stressors, but even THAT didn't stress me out like normal. On a low-sleep day. And while anxious about shins/Saturday's race.

After spending Sunday believing the sky was falling, I am rather shocked by this change. I wish I knew the secret so I could keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment