Wednesday, October 10

445a-2 fried eggs, 2 sl bacon, c asparagus w/ balsamic, mini energy bar, supps
545a-almond milk latte w/ stevia
630a-taught class, did warmup only
730a-Americano w/ SF syrup
830a-2c decaf
9a-Joy's perfect pumpkin pie, 2c half-caff
12p-mobility MANIA
1p-6oz chicken, c spaghetti squash, oz almonds, supps
630p-3oz chicken, .5c spaghetti squash, c asparagus, 1 chicken sausage, avocado pudding*, mini energy bar, supps
Throughout day-3.5 quarts water

*Whole avocado, .5c almond milk, s stevia, t cocoa, scoop protein powder, few almonds...and yum! Also way too many calories, but a good experiment.

Sleep: 7.75 hours in bed, 845p-430a. Incredibly solid; woke naturally at 430, wide awake & rested & refreshed. Alarm was set for 5, so that was sweet! (Except for Hop, because I forgot to turn it off. Oops.)

Body: AM pulls 2x5. Noon pulls 2x5. These are feeling great; I think next week I will bump up to sets of 3. Feet quite stiff first thing, both shins with some weird tightness, left glute tight - movement improved everything, and all else is feeling very good.

Brain: Doing well. Cute new dress, a tish on the large side, thus not super snug on the belly, very flattering. It's navy, and I'm also wearing pearls (ha: first, I typed "pulls"), so I feel supah FANCY!

7-year Tastefully Simple anniversary today. Wow, how much has changed in that time. Some of you would barely recognize me. Here's a nice random comparison:
Then: 26 years old. Not into fitness at all. Just moved to West Union w/ Hop, my boyfriend of 4 years. Regularly spent too much cash at the bar a block away from my new home. Never heard of a Certified Management Accountant. Not into fashion. Never took a group fitness class. Never touched a barbell. Never done yoga. Few summers of walk-to-run programs done, but never stuck with them once it got hot. Easily (sadly) confused by "debits and credits." Loved Excel but didn't know anything complicated. Doing taxes at DBB to max out my Roth IRA each year. Missed my 5-minute commute. Read all the time, like the little Book It nerd I was in school. Just left a small company with about 20 employees, all but 2 of them men, owned by my ex's sister & BIL.

Now: 33 years old. So completely into fitness. Just put in an offer on a country house w/ Hop, my husband of 5.5 years, who now works for my ex's other sister & BIL. Don't drink. CMA for 3 years now. Clothes horse. Group Fitness Instructor. Have kissed the barbell in the squat rack in my own basement. Competed in a powerlifting meet. Have a personal trainer, and a nutrition coach. Crave yoga. Ultramarathoner and BQer who has coached others in walk-to-run programs. Dream about debits & credits. And pullups. Addicted to Excel & have taught others how to use it more efficiently, even wish I had time to become a certified QuickBooks user/teacher. Doing taxes at DBB to pay for Dustin each year. Working at NSS because I'm a nerd who loves financials, and I love that place. Still miss the 5-minute commute, but now fill the time with funny and/or interesting podcasts. Still read all the time, but wish I could read more. Miss the family-feel of a small company, but love the benefits of the large company.  So many wonderful people that I can't imagine not being in my life. Like you!
Quote:
Be your unabashed self in all the best ways that you can. Take your own strengths and superpowers and amplify them.

By not doing it, you're not only robbing the world of your awesomeness, but you'll never be able to step out and realize your full potential.

Don't try to be someone else - they'll always be better at it than you could ever dream of being. Life is way too short to be a half-assed version of something that's already out there.

-Rog Law

No comments:

Post a Comment