Tuesday, October 23

530a-fried egg, 2 sl bacon, c sauerkraut, c reg w/ T coconut milk, supps
630a-c reg
730a-2c reg
9a-2c reg
930a-coconut flakes w/ Sunbutter
12p-personal training
130p-can tuna, 1.5c cauli-browns, oz almonds, supps
6p-4oz steak w/ T BBQ sauce, salad w/ oil & vinegar, pepperoni chips w/ TC guac, supps
Throughout day-2.5 quarts water

Sleep: 8.25 hours in bed, 845p-5a. Fairly solid, woke naturally.

Body: PM pulls 3x4. Shins continue to improve, though still tender to touch. Everything else is nearly normal.

Brain: Improving, thanks to time & a chat with Chief.

But had a crappy day at work. Sandy told us she is leaving, in just two weeks. This will be a huge impact on me. Pure sadness. Coped by just turning numb...saved the tears for at home. Couple people wondered if I would get promoted - I certainly doubt it. I don't know if I could do it (definitely not half as well as she) and I don't know if I would want to. I already feel regularly stressed as a mere peon. Leadership at TS is no small task. Anyway, I suspect job pieces will get parceled out. Maybe I'll have a "taste" of leadership in that fashion. I'm okay with baby steps. I think.

Meanwhile, at home, the desktop went all stupid again (stupid iTunes and its fancy need to update the iPad wirelessly), and my iPod wouldn't charge on the wall outlet. My technology always goes screwy in multiples. Gah. Feel for me and my first-world problems!

NCP summary post updated with actuals. The numbers for last week are something to behold. No lie, I consumed 7150 calories on Saturday. How could I possibly have had room for that much? Lots of fat, such as an entire 10oz bag of pistachios. Or half a jar of coconut butter.

And to those of you who think, "Well, but you logged 22.5 miles, you earned it!" - sorry folks, but do the math. I only burned about 2000 calories; add in BMR of about 1400, and you're talking an extra 3750 calories. That's a pound of fat. But then again, the body has to burn more calories with more food consumed, the run may (?) require further calories for recovery, and many other things can make that simple in/out equation change. And maybe all those calories are why my recovery was fairly quick. Anyway, I am not worried about it (shockingly), just found it pretty damned astounding when I tallied things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment