Tuesday, October 2

445a-2 fried eggs, c roasted veg, venison patty, c decaf, supps
615a-decaf almond milk latte
7a-2c reg
9a-2c reg
10a-2 tiny apples, oz almonds, 2c half-caff
12p-personal training
130p-c roasted veg, 3oz steak, oz almonds, can DCC, supps
630p-salad w/ oil & vinegar, apple pie treat, supps
Throughout day-3 quarts water

Hungry about 330/4p, but was at Impact Alexandria & couldn't eat. It was a good reminder that hunger pangs can be tolerated; they go away.

Sleep: 7.5 hours in bed, 9-430. Woke often in early AM, woke naturally around 4/415a and couldn't fall back. Gave up when Clyde walked across me. Felt rested though. Around 5pm started feeling fairly tired, decided going to bed early would be a priority.

Body: PM pulls, 2x4. Achey feet, tight left Achilles first thing. That's it! Everything felt good in session; felt like squats were nice and loooow. Stood at Impact Alex, had zero desire to sit for that long. Did some foot/ankle mobility, calf raises, single-leg raises & balancing...every minute a productive minute! Also, got stung by a bee for the third time in my life. The first two times were within a week of each other. Wonder if I have another one to look forward to soon?

Brain: Had a long leisurely breakfast to start the day off gently, due to sleep. Pressure of Impact Alex was rough, knowing it was going to kill half of a busy day. Also kind of disappointed by poor showing with bench session, but need to get over it - I'm just out of practice, and I have nowhere to go but up!

Funny thing about the Impact Alex topic...when I think about goals in fitness or in finances, I have tons of ideas, tons of ambitions. But in terms of career? I'm...aimless. Maybe that's why I haven't been enjoying my job as much lately. It's no longer a dream job - and yes, it was once. However, I don't know what WOULD be my dream job. Thus I'm putting the Inspirada Dreams process onto my to-do list. Time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

The thing that struck me the most from the speaker was the idea that we often overestimate what we can do in one year, but underestimate what we can do in five years. Similar concept in the book The Happiness Project: the days are long, but the years are short.

Quote:

The Grind.

The day in and day out. The point during which whatever you're doing sucks dinosaur balls and you're frustrated by the slow progress and the monotony of it all.

Keep going.

...

Everyone who has done anything worth doing has run into the exact same grind and come out on the other side.

The good thing is that it doesn't have to be as bad as it seems. Come up for air every now and then. Instead of waiting for a huge payoff in the end, find ways to treat yo'self along the way.

Do whatever you have to do to KEEP GOING and push through. I triple pinky promise (where did the 3rd pinky come from?) that it will be worth it.

-Rog Law

No comments:

Post a Comment